PDA

View Full Version : Question for those with the UD Pulley?

insainiac
10-02-2008, 11:29 AM
Sorry if this has been asked already...I tried searching and didn't find the question that I am going to ask...
For those of you that have put the UD Pulley on the car have you had any problems with the ac not working well while sitting etc or any other problems with it...and how many of you that do have it installed use your G8 as a daily drive? I have the TCM/ECM vector tune,HSRK,magnaflow exhaust and am considering the UD Pulley and possibly the AR Headers.
Thanks

wreckwriter
10-02-2008, 11:30 AM
ac is not affected.

insainiac
10-02-2008, 11:34 AM
Thanks....and I am guessing since you live in Florida that there is plenty of hot weather to confirm this....we are in South Texas so in the same boat!

wreckwriter
10-02-2008, 11:37 AM
The AC portion is not underdriven, the pulley is a step design. You still use the factory ac belt.

G8Smitty
10-02-2008, 11:40 AM
There are two belts driven from the pulley. One is for A/C and the other for everything else. The one for the A/C is not under driven. I have had one for a week now on my daily driver and I have not noticed any negative effects. I have noticed an increase in performance over the stock pulley. My experience would lead to a recommendation for this product.

GRRRR8
10-02-2008, 11:44 AM
If you do the pulley we will almost have the same mods!

insainiac
10-02-2008, 11:55 AM
For now...but I see there are more in your near future!
We even have the same color and same package on the car!

GRRRR8
10-02-2008, 12:34 PM
If you do the pulley and the ARH and have Vector do a retune, you will have perma-grin for atleast a week! lol

insainiac
10-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Looking forward to getting into the twelves like some of you guys that I have been reading about for awhile....fastest I've been able to get so far is a 13.2....of course as you know this weather doesn't help!

g8_795
10-02-2008, 01:06 PM
What mods did you have when you ran 13.2?

insainiac
10-02-2008, 02:17 PM
That was with the TCM/ECM vector tune,HSRK,magnaflow exhaust.....
I see you have the UD Pulley.......did you have everything else before you got it...if so did you notice much of a difference aftering installing it. Just got off of the phone with Livernois so it should be here in a few days!

g8_795
10-02-2008, 02:36 PM
That was with the TCM/ECM vector tune,HSRK,magnaflow exhaust.....
I see you have the UD Pulley.......did you have everything else before you got it...if so did you notice much of a difference aftering installing it. Just got off of the phone with Livernois so it should be here in a few days!

That was my last mod. It is definitely worth it. You will feel the difference. It wraps up so much faster. It is my DD, and I have seen no side effects.