PDA

View Full Version : 2009 G8 GT vs 2000 Z28

ScreaminRedZ
10-01-2008, 08:12 AM
My friend and I were hanging out tonight and it was just a matter of waiting until it was time to go home when we both knew what would happen

My friend has a 2000 M6 Z28. The car has 23,000 miles, flowmaster cat-back, SLP lid, and a tune. It made 315 rwhp and ran a best of 13.3 @ 109 mph.

After beating my stock LT1 A4 and a stock LS1 M6 GTO I knew that this would be a real test for my car.

First up, we went from a 20 mph roll. Three honks and we both hit it. I expected him to jump out and just leave me hard, but instead he slowly crept away, putting 1 car on me by 100 mph.

Second we went from a dig. Three honks and we both hit it, with me jumping out about 1.5 cars on him. I held him off and was still holding a slight lead at 100 mph. At that point he came screaming by and was about 2 cars ahead by 120 mph.

After that run he said he was worried that he wouldn't be able to catch me in a marked 1/4 mile on the street, and that he didn't like the fact that he wasn't beating me more than he was

We went out for a third run at a markded 1/4 mile. Three honks and we both hit it. This time he got a much better launch and I only pulled about 1/2 a car in front. He slowly pulled past me and at the end of the marked 1/4 mile he was 1 car in front.

Over all I was very pleased with my car's performance and he said that it really suprised him. Nothing like some close friendly races!