PDA

View Full Version : Good Brisket in South Charlotte!

SRG963
09-18-2009, 11:03 AM
I've been in the Charlotte area for 9+ years and haven't found BarBQ that lives up to what I was raised on, Texas BarBQ. Most of the joints around here only have pork, I ask for brisket and they look at me like I'm crazy!

Well I saw Jim 'N Nick's BarBQ on Steele Creek and S Tryon and decided to try them out. I ordered the Two Meat Combo Plate, so if the brisket was bad, I'd have the smoked turkey to fall back on. Let me tell you, the brisket is Awesome! The meat is marbleized perfectly and it almost melts in your mouth. The cheese muffins are great. They also have pork for the pig lovers, but I'm only interested in the brisket and turkey, lol. I've gone back since and tried almost every side and they all are good.

Just wanted to post this because if I wouldn't have stopped in, I would have never known.

Almost forgot to mention, they have a drive up window :)

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm227/srg963/090911001-1.jpg
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm227/srg963/090911002.jpg

Mike P
09-18-2009, 11:07 AM
Looks good.... I would like to break bread with you.....

I actually prefer BBQ pork, but maybe I don't know what really good brisket is?

Looks really good! :)

SRG963
09-18-2009, 11:11 AM
Looks good.... I would like to break bread with you.....

I actually prefer BBQ pork, but maybe I don't know what really good brisket is?

Looks really good! :)

I love me some good brisket....as you can tell by my needs to post this, lol.
The pork is growing on me, but I still prefer beef, turkey, chicken, and sausage :)
Along with proper cooking and good meat, the cut needs to be thin. This is something I always ask for.

and I'm always down to meet for food and 1 beer!

OV5-G8OrgGT
09-19-2009, 12:33 PM
Good to know, thanks. The only good brisket I have found around chere is at Smokey Bones. I have seen this Jim N Nicks pop up around Hilton Head as well, since I am still going up to Charlotte for my work, I will give them a visit.

Ktlplxm
09-20-2009, 07:44 AM
some of the threads SRG starts...

GRRRR8
09-20-2009, 08:03 AM
I found the same thing when I was in Georgia. No brisket, very rarely good sausage. Texas on the other hand....its hard to find bad BBQ. Different sauces but always goo. Brisket and sausage are my 2 choices unless I am craving ribs.

The Nerf football sized baked potatoes they have packed full of your choice of meat(s) are incredible too.

edmanet
09-20-2009, 08:33 AM
I found the same thing when I was in Georgia. No brisket, very rarely good sausage. Texas on the other hand....its hard to find bad BBQ. Different sauces but always goo. Brisket and sausage are my 2 choices unless I am craving ribs.

The Nerf football sized baked potatoes they have packed full of your choice of meat(s) are incredible too.

When I go to San Antonio we always to go "The Worst BBQ in Texas".

In Tryon NC there's a place claaed Mountain View that has really good brisket. THe pulled pork or beef is excellent.