PDA

View Full Version : Power AND Reliability

Blackdevil77
10-01-2008, 07:05 AM
I posted this in the "Lets talk about cams" thread and looks like it got lost in the huge topic but I feel like it's an important question deserving of a thread.

I can't wait to see someone put out an LS3 Hot cam package including all supporting parts like lifters, pushrods etc. I don't want to loose long term reliability if I do this. What is the engine rated at now? Was it 200,000 miles? I'd like to keep that if not make it higher and at the same time, get more power

What else other than the engine parts is going to have to be up-graded to handle all that power?

Chewy
10-01-2008, 07:15 AM
I posted this in the "Lets talk about cams" thread and looks like it got lost in the huge topic but I feel like it's an important question deserving of a thread.

I can't wait to see someone put out an LS3 Hot cam package including all supporting parts like lifters, pushrods etc. I don't want to loose long term reliability if I do this. What is the engine rated at now? Was it 200,000 miles? I'd like to keep that if not make it higher and at the same time, get more power

What else other than the engine parts is going to have to be up-graded to handle all that power?

Pretty sure Greg at Pace can do just that for ya! :thumbsup:

Greg@PacePerformance
10-01-2008, 07:32 AM
The trans as Vector has said should hold up to that cam with out any problems. You would just need to have a PCM programmed for the cam swap and the DOD conversion.

I don't think you would have any other issues.

Blackdevil77
10-01-2008, 07:33 AM
Just visited their site and DAMN! They sell everything!

Blackdevil77
10-01-2008, 07:48 AM
aside from the tranny, things like the rear end or suspension etc which was in that post steps to more power or something like that were he showed level 1, level 2 and level 3 mods.

wreckwriter
10-01-2008, 07:51 AM
First weak link will probably be the drive shaft and it's rubber rag-joint type couplers. Unfortunately nothing is available yet to replace it. look for BMR Fabrication or a similar company to come up with something in the future.