PDA

View Full Version : G8 May Still Live?!?!

JoshHefnerX
09-17-2009, 02:56 PM
Found this today. Looks to have been released this morning.

Jalopnik - GM Still To Re-Badge Holden Commodore As U.S. Cop Car. (http://jalopnik.com/5361574/gm-still-to-re+badge-holden-commodore-as-us-cop-car)

Just Thought I'd share.

Josh

Chocolate
09-17-2009, 03:11 PM
Guess I'll just have to become a Law Enforcement Officer. Lets practice:

Outta the car scumbag. Walk backwords toward my voice. Blow into this little tube.......keep blowin. lol

2ltrgsr
09-17-2009, 04:13 PM
haha i thought of the same thing when i saw the ad:)

Mlozano
09-17-2009, 04:54 PM
Oh god please no... would they just let the car be.

todds87ss
09-17-2009, 06:54 PM
How many times has Henderson smacked Lutz for saying anything about bringing it back in any form. I can't see it. Even if it comes from the Mouth of Henderson, it will probably not happen.

dandragonrage
09-18-2009, 04:42 AM
I certainly don't want it to be a cop car! I would prefer the cops keep their slow cars!

pokey
09-18-2009, 05:15 AM
One advantage, I could easily spot these cars even in "disguise"
BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.77 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

GeorgeInNePa
09-18-2009, 06:05 AM
So just the cops, no unwashed masses need apply?

Suck a cock in hell, Fritz!

JoshHefnerX
09-18-2009, 09:52 AM
Well, at least if it really does become a cop car, there may be more parts available....

Josh

Fatdaddy
09-18-2009, 11:26 AM
I was at the dealer this morning and the service writer mentioned this. The new cop car will be badged as ...

...wait for it ...

...wait for it ...

... the Chevrolet...

... Caprice!
Isn't that special.

R.Penguin
09-18-2009, 11:50 AM

George, Just to keep Fritz busy, he can also fuck himself in the ass with a big rubber dildo at the same time. :rofl:

G VIII
09-18-2009, 05:47 PM
they didn't consider this market when they initially decided to bring the car over??????? i just assumed they had tested the water and didn't have enough takers from law enforcement to justify. but now i see there was just no decisiveness by leadership.

i'm for it and agree it may help parts availability. plus, if i get popped, i've got instant rapport with the gendarme and generally i need all the help i can get.

bobyoung
09-18-2009, 08:22 PM

Fritz is an ass kissing little pussy

KenV
09-18-2009, 10:01 PM
If it happens I bet the Boys in Blue will get full-size spares. Not that I'm bitter or anything like that....after that stupid factory compressor with the black snot left me stranded. Okay, I'm bitter.

dukeofpg
09-18-2009, 10:26 PM
I gotta picture in my mind of the Christmas Story when the old man is changing the flat tire and the kid steps on the hub cap with all the lug nuts in it. "THE QUEEN MUTHA OF THEM ALL" FUUUUUUDGE!!!

dukeofpg
09-18-2009, 10:27 PM
If it happens I bet the Boys in Blue will get full-size spares. Not that I'm bitter or anything like that....after that stupid factory compressor with the black snot left me stranded. Okay, I'm bitter.

I gotta picture in my mind of the Christmas Story when the old man is changing the flat tire and the kid steps on the hub cap with all the lug nuts in it. "THE QUEEN MUTHA OF THEM ALL" FUUUUUUDGE!!!

fcsuper
09-19-2009, 08:24 PM
These rumors and such just won't let the G8 die in peace. :)

supercharger
09-20-2009, 05:10 AM
Look at the bright side. If this does happen and the fuzz get some cool and mighty fast G8's, it would have the effect of advertising the G8 better than Pontiac ever did. The car would be a "star" among cop cars and make the Charger cop car look immediately dated and bland.

All of this stuff only adds to the G8's legend...and increases the number of people who want one. Just imagine, the cops get a great looking, great handling car with a stonking motor under the hood...but it can't be sold to the public...unless you can find a PRE-BAN used G8!!

Such a scenario can only push the values of V8 G8's higher. I'm glad I got one when I did.

'02 ws6
09-24-2009, 07:56 AM
I wish they would've keep the plan to re-badge the G8 and maybe even come up with a stripped patrol/highway G8, like the 3rd/4th gen 1SC/B4C Camaros and the FoxBody Mustang SSPs. A nice 3600lb G8 would kick ass!

I wonder if any weight savings plans will be implemented to negate the weight of the front brush guard, the inner cage, and all the electronics.

dukeofpg
09-25-2009, 05:15 AM
After touring the HSV plant in Clayton, Australia, everybody seems to think that GM (new) will continue to buy G8's with a different badge and equipment package. If you look at the Holden and HSV lines, they offer the G8 body style in about a dozen models, including the Ute, Maloo, and Thunder G8 truck. They have varied engines, interiors and ground effects.

go here to see them http://www.hsv.com.au/hsv/home/

I was also told that Holden and HSV are preparing to build 15,000 cop cars for the US. This is the first part of what is expected to be an order of 40,000 units.

They are pretty sure they will be chevy's, but one guy in a suit said to keep an eye on a "consumer priced Cadillac"

Crazy_A
09-26-2009, 06:01 AM
I took my G8 in to have an oil change and tires rotated yesterday and the dealer told me a rumor from some GM rep that had come in the day before. According to him, GM was thinking about rebadging the G8 as a Buick Regal Grand National. I hadn't heard that rumor before, so I thought I would share it, especially since it supposedly has a GM source. It makes sense, considering that Buick barely has an offering these days. Personally, I would've gotten rid of Buick and kept Pontiac, but I guess that's why I'm in these forums in the first place. :)

95_9C1
09-26-2009, 12:54 PM
I was also told that Holden and HSV are preparing to build 15,000 cop cars for the US. This is the first part of what is expected to be an order of 40,000 units.

i like the sound of this...

rmcrom
09-26-2009, 02:11 PM
My local Pontiac dealer had a cop car version of the G8 about a month ago. It was white with black doors.

1 CLEAN SUP3R SPORT
09-26-2009, 02:56 PM
NICE a Grand National

fcsuper
09-26-2009, 06:45 PM
This is very very interesting, but merely exploritory on their part. The only way they will sell this car in the US right now is if they started selling them with the Holden badge out of Holden dealerships they start up here, unless, of course the market for this type of car picks up very quickly.

dukeofpg
09-26-2009, 11:25 PM
. The only way they will sell this car in the US right now is if they started selling them with the Holden badge out of Holden dealerships they start up here

I like Holden/HSV badges

SSD
09-27-2009, 06:10 PM
Holden? I'm in! Where do I sign up to invest???

"Grand National" doesn't sound too bad, either... I just like the idea of a real Commodore better.

DaFlameKing
09-28-2009, 07:51 PM
The shape of the car doesnt fit the Chevy Caprice or Buick Grand National. Maybe its because I'm used to seeing it as a Commodore/G8 already but still. Look at the last gens of those other GM cars and having it rapidly change to what the G8 is now is too much.

Besides that, I wouldn't mind being pulled over in one of those sexy things. :)

Night Owl
09-29-2009, 06:22 PM
More fuel to the fire. A link my brother (another G8 owner) sent me. G8 will not continue as a G8 (obvious since there will be no more Pontiac) but the Zeta platform may find a place in the GM lineup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWzmjBA6B0M

dukeofpg
09-29-2009, 09:48 PM
but the Zeta platform may find a place in the GM lineup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWzmjBA6B0M

I guess the Aussies were not lying to me. You can bet they have a decision made already. They will just do the release to GM's best advantage.

bobyoung
09-29-2009, 10:44 PM
I guess the Aussies were not lying to me. You can bet they have a decision made already. They will just do the release to GM's best advantage.

Great that they may bring it back but killing Pontiac was still an idiotic move.