PDA

View Full Version : Mustang Dyno v. Dyno

Cobra
09-30-2008, 07:27 PM
I'm sure this has been addressed before but can someone tell me the difference between the two. It is my understanding the Mustang dyno is conservative with its numbers vs the Dynometer. Can someone elaborate on this?

Andy@Livernois
10-01-2008, 06:16 AM
I'm sure this has been addressed before but can someone tell me the difference between the two. It is my understanding the Mustang dyno is conservative with its numbers vs the Dynometer. Can someone elaborate on this?

That isn't necessarily true. My personal 2000 Camaro SS put down 372 on another shop's mustang dyno, but only 342 on our dynojet.

We have both a dynojet and a mustang dyno here. It is our opinion that the dynojet is more repeatable as every part of it's calibration is automated. A mustang dyno relies on human input and a wide array of variables. If those variables aren't perfectly input it can lead to inaccurate numbers. This is why any car we tune on our mustang dyno gets put on our dynojet for numbers...

Cobra
10-01-2008, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the info. So how can we determine what numbers are correct. I know there are variables that effect the numbers at the rear wheel. Just trying to determine what my car actually puts down.

Panther 2
10-01-2008, 03:00 PM
Drag strip!