PDA

View Full Version : Noises...

simondshl
09-17-2009, 08:53 AM
Forgive me if this is reposting asked questions, but the search wasn't turning up anything.

I've had my car three and a half months, 7500+ miles, Stock everything.

Please tell me if you've experienced this, had it fixed, know of how to fix it, etc., it's been driving me nuts, and the dealer can't seem to offer more than "it's acting normal".

1.) Crunch or Grind sound when pulling away after the car's been parked for a while. Dealer diagnosed it as the motor mounts being squishy or something.

2.) Very light acceleration around lower "city" speeds (20-40mph) seems accompanied by a rough, grating, raspy kind of noise. When I press a little harder it seems to clear up into the normal hum of the engine. Dealer couldn't reproduce. Could needing an oil change produce this? I haven't had my car since they've changed the oil (yesterday), so it may have gone away... but would be nice to know about nevertheless.

3.) Very light acceleration around higher "highway" speeds (70-80mph) produces an awkward whistling noise. Dealer diagnosed it as a pulley and that it is normal.

That's about it for outstanding issues.

I saw mentioned before a "pulsating vibration" at highway speeds... is there a way to make it go away?

Thanks for any help offered!

-James

P.S. I'm a newbie and very car-speak illiterate, so be friendly. lol :boxing:

MANOFSTEEL69
09-17-2009, 10:05 AM
Search for PIP 4162....Might be a helpful read for you :(
BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

simondshl
09-17-2009, 12:01 PM
I've tried entering that into the search on these forums, on the G8Forums, and online in general... no dice anywhere.

-James

DRCUSTOMPARTS
09-17-2009, 06:04 PM
1) Could be lower control arms or strut mount

2) The AFM (active fuel management) is enadled and accelerating disables it. I disabled it on my car with my tuner, I hate when it comes on.

3) The whistle noise is normal, most of us have it.

beach
09-18-2009, 06:16 PM
1) Could be lower control arms or strut mount

2) The AFM (active fuel management) is enadled and accelerating disables it. I disabled it on my car with my tuner, I hate when it comes on.

3) The whistle noise is normal, most of us have it.

Nailed it.

1) Control arms and/or strut mounts (the latter are bad on these cars from the start)

2) AFM active...it's in 4-cyl mode when you feel & hear the faint but different buzz.

3) Whistle, ahh, yes. It just does that.

Panzer Leader
09-18-2009, 06:28 PM
Number 1 is my cast at this point. Still being patient.