PDA

View Full Version : Is anybody...

Blackdevil77
09-30-2008, 06:39 PM
Trading in their GT for a GXP? When I hear about it and see it, I wish to god i waited then realize, there is no way i could have waited that long but god that is my dream car now lol. Which is funny, cuz most people's dream cars are very exotic and VERY expensive lol. Not me, G8 GXP=my dream car. I'm liking the new ZR1 to ALOT lol. So anybody trading their GT for a GXP?

Weldon
09-30-2008, 06:46 PM
honestly id rather stick with my gt..because after a few cheap mods..im putting the same the gxp is hp wise...spend 2 grand and can be puttin better hp than the gxp..and the gxp is like 6 grand mmore than the gt? sooo see where im getting at?

Blackdevil77
09-30-2008, 06:52 PM
That's true. I just like the fact that the GXP has a LS3 in it. 6.2 liter V8. It has more potential. GXP is like 6 grand more but for more reason's than just the engine. It has brembo breaks, I think i different tranny and some other stuff that i can't remember but I believe someone did the math and if you add up the cost of putting those things on a G8, your already over the price of a GXP. Not that im trading in my GT. Just was curious if anybody was going to.

GeorgeInNePa
09-30-2008, 06:55 PM
With the Gas Guzzler Tax it will be close to 40K.

I'll stick with my GT that was 30.6K, I've got 4.5K into it and it will smoke stock GXPs.

Weldon
09-30-2008, 06:55 PM
no doubt man no doubt...the gxp is going to be a great car,,,i just really hope the gxp drivers will eb mature and pay the gt drivers some respect...like seriously..we wer first!

Blackdevil77
09-30-2008, 07:05 PM
yeah not doubt i intend to be as fast, probably faster than a stock GXP. I used to get much more attention with the car. Now when people see it they go "Oh wow is that the new GXP???" I go "No it's the GT" Then they go "oh, it's crap!" and continue walking. Im like :disgust:

Weldon
09-30-2008, 07:23 PM
haha simular thing happened with me...guy walked by and said is that gxp??? i was nah its the gt..oh they aint nothing but a bad immitation of a 5 seriese...i looked at him...looked at claire..then back at him...slamed the door. and was like oh really? alright **while walking toward him.** he quickly appologized. but thats the first and last iv heard of the gxp...i still get the good looks and people walk up to me while im filling up and stuff..im the onlyyyy g8 gt in 4 counties around ym area...there is one g8 v6 in the next countty over. so im still gettin the head turns =P but as far as that guy saying that to me...he knew to take it back lol!

Blackdevil77
09-30-2008, 07:27 PM
lol that's awsome. I love how people act like it's a night and day difference between the GXP and GT. GT is pretty damn close. I just want brembo's and stiffer suspension on my G8. I feel like the suspension used to be tighter when i bought the car. When the breaks go, im poppin' in brembo's. When the suspension goes, pedders, unless im not that patient and do it before hand. I just need to win the lottery lol.

-Ray-
10-01-2008, 03:14 AM
No, I won't be trading sideways.

MANOFSTEEL69
10-01-2008, 03:17 AM
Not going to trade in for one, but still considering purchasing, and giving Tigger to the wife.