PDA

View Full Version : From Another Board: Trans not shifting to 3rd

GeorgeInNePa
09-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Mike at New Era posted over at G8Board:

Well , I am not sure about how things are going at Intense , because you are making way more power than my G8 , but last time at the track , it would barely shift into 3rd gear , it would slip up the rpms for about a full second , and then shift when the TM came on and after the shift ocurred it was fine (didn't slip anymore) . So I called my friend at the chevy dealer (I don't trust the pontiac dealers around here) and asked him to look into this for me after explaining what is happening . He said there is a TSB for a hanging shift on the 2-3 , which is cause by a leaking seal in the transmission . Afriend of mine in NJ is also having some issues and he is also making way more power than mine , his will not even shift into 3rd at WOT anymore . I am hoping this seal is going to fix this , I will update this thread after I get this done . Hopefully it works because I was planning on racing the G8 in Memphis next week , which definitely changes that if it doesn't fix it .

See this thread:

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2858&page=2

wreckwriter
09-30-2008, 04:35 PM
saw that. Disturbing.

GTPprix
09-30-2008, 05:00 PM
Running the trans with no TM hard and bumped line pressure will do that ;) There is a TSB but so far we've never experienced this issue, the TSB states it should do it from day one as its an install issue at the plant so I'm not sure?! Like I've said before we have cars making ~600WHP with this trans but then again we have more tuning ability so I dunno :)

Andy@Livernois
09-30-2008, 05:14 PM
I agree that these issues are the mostly the results of improper trans tuning. I realize vette's weigh less, but we have a customer making over 650 rwhp through a 6l80e in a convertible vette. Trust me, with the owner of the car driving it weighs about the same as a G8... it did have a trans let go, but only after 17k+ miles of street racing every weekend with it.

wreckwriter
10-04-2008, 04:44 AM
Mike says that the factory TCM update fixed his car. Very interesting, huh?

GTPprix
10-04-2008, 06:14 AM
Like I said.. tuning.......... This is not a direct shot at anyone, especially Mike since this isnt his fault at all but none of the commercial software has what it takes to do these transmissions correctly.

Easy example, take someone with our current TCM tune and load the factory "update over it" and see what happens ;)

Cobra
10-04-2008, 07:27 AM
So then for us who haven't had a TCM tune do we have anything to worry about? If it is a leaking seal would it even matter if it is a tune issue?