PDA

View Full Version : Interior questions

cbr006
09-15-2009, 09:25 AM
Anybody else have concerns about the longevity of the stitching or even the leather material on the seats?

I love how soft the material is, but I can't help but wonder how long it will be before I start to see tears or openings in the seats. Reapolstering these seats can't be easy.

R.Penguin
09-15-2009, 09:37 AM
anybody else have concerns about the longevity of the stitching or even the leather material on the seats?

I love how soft the material is, but i can't help but wonder how long it will be before i start to see tears or openings in the seats. Reapolstering these seats can't be easy.

what?

Are you planning to shoe horses on the seats?:wacko:

Why would anyone even think of such an off the wall subject?

By the way, what exactly is "Reapolstering"?

Sign me,

Mystified!

Chewy
09-15-2009, 09:38 AM
I saw a 2004 GTO with blue leather at a car show on Sunday that had the stitching torn on the top of the rear seat head rests. I think that comes from lack of care more than anything. This car was a POS.

Chris

cbr006
09-15-2009, 10:50 AM
Good to know. I've heard a lot of bad things about the material on the GTO seats

BlueJacket
09-15-2009, 10:53 AM
I saw a 2004 GTO with blue leather at a car show on Sunday that had the stitching torn on the top of the rear seat head rests. I think that comes from lack of care more than anything. This car was a POS.

Chris

I think that is a wide spread problem.

TomPierce
09-15-2009, 12:34 PM
Take care to keep the leather clean - most of the damage is from sand, dirt, etc working into and damaging the leather fibers and/or thread stitching.

Leather is actually very good at abrasion resistance.