PDA

View Full Version : Daytona Charger Ricerflyby

wyldman
09-14-2009, 08:36 PM
Coming back from a trip on one of Mexico numerous toll-roads I noticed a purple Daytona Charger coming up behind me. I had just passed a group of cars with a long stretch of nothing ahead of us and pulled over in the right lane to see if he wanted to play, when I noticed in my rear view mirror that he had floored it. I did the same but he got the jump on me and pulled about a car and a half before I could match his speed. After that I never could catch him. I think I might have recovered about a half a length back on him but then I shut it down at 147 when we started to come up on some traffic. What a rush. I've never had it that fast before. The car really sucked down to the road and was as smooth as silk except when I had to get in his lane to pass someone as we were slowing down and could feel the turbulence from his car. I have to give him credit. That was one fast sob.

The sad part is when I caught up with him later after he shut it down, I could never get him to go again. I even tried the three honk thing, but no luck. Now I'm always going to wonder how my car would have done if he would have gone from a side by side start without the ricerflyby head start crap he pulled. I know I should never have taken the bait the first time but wth. It was a race.

On that note I have to say I almost think we need a "racer's anonymous" section down here in the racing section because I have to say that shit is addictive and O' so- so bad for you. You know what the Mexican Highway Patrol would have done to me if they caught me going 147? First off, they would of turned their cameras off and then proceeded to beat the crap outta me, then they would of impounded my car and then proceeded to make my life a living hell. The ticket's and fine's,the jacked up insurance rates, and if they ended up crushing my car for racing, which I know they do in some states, I have to tell you I would have tears literally running down my face.

Gotta stop :spank:

p.s. They can't tell who I am can they? I think posting this on the internet is some sort of confession. Let me know asap please so I can delete this.

MGMG8GT
09-15-2009, 06:28 AM
So this all happened in Mexico, right? Which part of Mexico? You might want to edit your post, and say which part of MEXICO this happened in. Because, you know, that's how you roll in Mexico.

wyldman
09-15-2009, 06:47 AM
Good thing you caught that. Of course it was Mexico. Everyone knows you can't do that stuff in Oklahoma. Why would I say that? Must of been the tequila.

No since in taking any chances huh? Especially with big brother Obama watching.

majesticix
09-15-2009, 07:16 AM
they can't prove shit...for all we know this is a load of crap (which I'm sure it isn't, but there is your defense)

MANOFSTEEL69
09-15-2009, 07:36 AM
Lol! Nice read.
Now get your ass back to Mexico, find that plum fairy and properly redeem youself. :) We have MOPAR standards here, and losing to one is grounds for membership revokation. ;)
BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

fiveoh
09-15-2009, 08:06 AM
Seems like no one knows proper race ettiqite(sp?) nowdays. What the hell is the point of doing unfair races where you try to get a head start etc. That doesnt prove shit about how fast your car is. I refuse to race people like this. Sadly it seems this is all I ever run into nowdays and just like happened to you, once they do their flyby and I dont bite they wont line up and go for a fair race?

jaxredg8
09-15-2009, 01:06 PM
Good story and I know you want to know for yourself but I can tell you from ALOT of experience that a charger is no contest with even your current mods. I hang out with alot of chargers here and have raced a few at the track and on the street (I know, bad!!) and the outcome , stock and now, is always the same. The gearing helps us alot over them. That and if they try the "I'll sneek up and fly by" technique, I hope they dont mind a little bit of spray to even the odds!

jaxredg8
09-15-2009, 02:26 PM
I just wanted to also add that most charger guys (and gals) that I have known for a while are pretty cool. No matter what they drive, there is never a reason for a "ricer" flyby!! Just my .02