PDA

View Full Version : If they made one for our cars....

TexasG8
09-30-2008, 05:49 AM
If they made one of these ICCU's for our cars would you buy one? I tried to post the pic but it would not let me.

http://usera.imagecave.com/Slow6/car022-copy-copy.jpg

ICCU Module Description

This In Car Control Unit (ICCU) provides dynamic adjustment of the engine's Air/Fuel Mixture as well as Spark Advance Timing*. The display screen permits timing adjustments in 500 rpm increments. The unit also incorporates a separate timing adjustment for the use of nitrous oxide (N2O). When the unit is used in conjunction with N2O, the unit can change timing only when N2O is being injected into the engine. The Air Fuel screen allows adjustment of fueling at idle, cruising and Wide Open Throttle (WOT). The Standard ICCU can add up to +6° of timing and the race version allows up to 13° of additional timing. Beyond allowing fueling and spark timing adjustments, the ICCU also can display a variety of engine and ICCU functional parameters. Among these are: Engine RPM, Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Output, MAF Adjust Amount, Timing Adjust Amount and Oxygen Sensor Output. All values displayed are in real time from the engine's Powertrain Control Module (PCM).

This ICCU system will function perfectly with an OEM PCM or any aftermarket brand PCM. However, for all timing controls are only possible when a Digital Horsepower, Inc. (DHP) IAT timing flash is added to the PCM. The ICCU also incorporates a hidden menu system for future updates. The standard screen color is red, with other colors available with special orders.

Technical Information

Plug and Play OEM weather proof, sealed connectors.

Splice connection required for tachometer feature.

Powered by voltage power to MAF Sensor with negligible power draw.

Color multiline Liquid Crystal Display.

3 user selectable set point corrections for air/fuel management.

WIring harness permits remote mount within the passenger compartment.

Connectors keyed/indexed for proper connection.

Compatible with all GM Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensors.

Adjustable display contrast for easy viewing in daylight or night time.

An on board microprocessor executing proprietary computations and program algorithms is incorporated to achieve digital accuracy with engine paramter adjustments.

When connected to the primary oxygen sensor signal, the ICCU can monitor O2 Sensor voltage signal.

Can be used to trigger Nitrous Oxide injection systems.

Detailed, color illustrated installation and user instructions included.

Greg@PacePerformance
09-30-2008, 05:56 AM
Here is the pic from above.
http://usera.imagecave.com/Slow6/car022-copy-copy.jpg

I have one of these in my Grand Prix race car. I took out the DIC and made this fit with the factory buttons.
Here is mine.
http://PacePerformance.com/ebaystuff/gregs/DICICCU1.jpg
http://PacePerformance.com/ebaystuff/gregs/DICICCU2.jpg

GTPprix
09-30-2008, 07:10 AM
We can do that right now if you want, really un needed though on these cars. We do alot of projects with TechEdge/Easy.

TexasG8
09-30-2008, 08:34 AM
I was thinking more for the timing control. If I have a tune that is locked and I want to make small changes this would be the ideal way to do that. It would also be nice for the nitrous guys that want to take away timing when they spray and still be able to run more timing when they are not spraying.

My old 3800 Rocket.

http://usera.imagecave.com/Slow6/Dynoshop/FinalIC006-copy.jpg

http://usera.imagecave.com/Slow6/Dynoshop/FinalIC007-copy.jpg

GTPprix
09-30-2008, 08:40 AM
We can and will do that with the happy knob if you'd like, what all was done to your L67?

TexasG8
09-30-2008, 08:50 AM
1998 Buick Regal
Best time at the track was 12.7 with a 2.2 60'. I never sprayed the car at the track because of the stock tranny. The guy who bought the car re did the tranny with all the goodies even the 1" Chain and he also is going to spray the car 150 shot. So at the end of the month he should be running low to mid 11's.

ZZP Stage II IC
ZZP Gen II Fuel Logs
TOG Headers
Thrasher CAI
ZZP 3.2, 3.0 & 2.8
Thrasher Shift Kit
Comp Cam VS
WPI Ported Blower
LS1 Throttle Body
Racing ICCU
42.5 Injectors
LS6 Springs
EGR Delete
Poly Upper Mounts
MSD Wires & Coils
DHP Power Tuner
Nitrous system 50-125 shot
Nitto Drag Rad
12" Drilled & Slotted Rotors
KYB Struts & Lowering Springs

and a couple other things I am sure I forgot.

I will get the cables from you today for my tune can you add the happy knob program so when I do order it I will not have to have you sent me the cables again. How much is the Happy Knob?

GTPprix
09-30-2008, 08:53 AM
Happy knob would have to be at the same time, we dont have any made up for the G8 but its doable. Nice list of mods, I had a GP that ran 12.6@115 on 18" street tires off the street straight on to the track :)

I developed the XP cam and ran the entire comp cams camshaft program for the Series 2 so i'm a bit of an enthusiast, that and I had the first pilot GTX as well as a ton of prototype parts back in the day IE Aluminum GM heads ect :D Oh and you have a PowrTuner as well, I'm in the credits for that software as well.. always nice to meet another fellow 3800 enthusiast.

Greg@PacePerformance
09-30-2008, 09:10 AM
I'm seeing more and more 3800 guys coming over to the G8 platform. :) I am sure I will too at some point.
-Greg
PS my PB is 11.53 ;)

GTPprix
09-30-2008, 09:30 AM
I'm seeing more and more 3800 guys coming over to the G8 platform. :) I am sure I will too at some point.
-Greg
PS my PB is 11.53 ;)

Ok spill, who are you/were you on clubgp? ;)

Greg@PacePerformance
09-30-2008, 09:40 AM
LOL
I'm Radrace19 on Clubgp :P
I have followed many of your projects through the years Chris.

GTPprix
09-30-2008, 09:41 AM
HOLY CRAP!!!! It's YOU!!!!! I had no idea!! Man how have you been I havent talked to you in ages?!!?

Greg@PacePerformance
09-30-2008, 09:55 AM
Been good. Just been trying to get the GP to run well with the ZZP parts and not break. We then decided to give Intense heads and cam a try and we got a new PB on the first pass. With no other tuning done. hmmm.
I should be up at MGM next month. You should bring the G8 for show :)

GTPprix
09-30-2008, 09:59 AM
Well lets hope your heads last longer than mine did (900 miles) LOL I might be at MGM but I dont have a G8 yet (still waiting on that damn GXP LOL) I might bring the trailblazer or something not sure yet :)

Greg@PacePerformance
09-30-2008, 10:09 AM
Well 900 miles in 1/4 mile passes are much longer than the ZZP heads lasted twice. We sent our trans out to get refreshed yesterday since I was gaining 28mph in the back half of the track and that is a lot for a supercharged car. I think 2nd gear was starting to slip some.

I will have my TBSS up at MGM also pulling the car. :) I have really wanted to get a tune from you guys but just haven't had the extra cash yet. The trans shifts kill the whole truck.

GTPprix
09-30-2008, 10:36 AM
Well 900 miles in 1/4 mile passes are much longer than the ZZP heads lasted twice. We sent our trans out to get refreshed yesterday since I was gaining 28mph in the back half of the track and that is a lot for a supercharged car. I think 2nd gear was starting to slip some.

I will have my TBSS up at MGM also pulling the car. :) I have really wanted to get a tune from you guys but just haven't had the extra cash yet. The trans shifts kill the whole truck.

Yeah unfortunately mine were 900 miles in break in miles, and they werent even warrantied!!! LOL 28mph back half is AWESOME!!! If I make MGM we'll figure something out on your truck :D

GRRRR8
09-30-2008, 10:50 AM
You 2 get a room! LMAO!! That is pretty cool that you are both on here everyday and didnt know you knew each other.

GTPprix
09-30-2008, 11:29 AM
I have a feeling Greg knew, I'm just a bonehead :)

G8V8
09-30-2008, 11:40 AM
I don't care what Chris says, Greg is a good guy.:clap:

GRRRR8
09-30-2008, 11:48 AM
I have a feeling Greg knew, I'm just a bonehead :)

LOL! I was going to add to that Chris, but we have come SO far in the past few months! LMAO!!

G8V8
09-30-2008, 11:57 AM
LOL! I was going to add to that Chris, but we have come SO far in the past few months! LMAO!!

Charlie, maybe you and Chris should get a room.:brock:

GRRRR8
09-30-2008, 11:59 AM
Not until after he does the new tune. I want him to be "comfortable" sitting in front of a computer. LOL

G8V8
09-30-2008, 12:03 PM
Not until after he does the new tune. I want him to be "comfortable" sitting in front of a computer. LOL

LOL. ROTFLMAO!

He said the same thing about you.

Greg@PacePerformance
09-30-2008, 12:23 PM
Yes Chris I knew you were with Vector. :)
I have joined up with G8V8 before and he knows his suspension. That is why I wasn't shocked with his new upgrades :P

TexasG8
09-30-2008, 12:44 PM
Oh and you have a PowrTuner as well, I'm in the credits for that software as well.. always nice to meet another fellow 3800 enthusiast.

Yes I do and I still tune alot of 3800 supercharged and turbo charged cars down here. I wish charles would add the G8 to the DHP so I could at least log some runs.

GTPprix
09-30-2008, 02:44 PM
Charles and I have discussed it, for one the hardware wont support it and two DHP is dead :\