PDA

View Full Version : Trans or Converter bad???

knee_dragger
09-14-2009, 04:41 AM
When driving and going WOT in 1st, 2nd, 3rd gears once I hit about 4500 rpm it feels like the trans just lets go. RPMs will climb to about 5800-6000 and then grab come back down and then does it again. I haven't been on the highway to see if it does it in the higher gears. If I roll into it it seems to be okay. Check trans fluid already. Checked tune to make sure everything was okay. Even switched back to stock trans tune and had the same results.

Have 2800 Precision triple converter (I know about the issues with these already), MagnaChager 1900, Kooks, and cam.

Any ideas???? Going to have the converter switched out on sat. Hope it not the trans!!

Devilish34
09-14-2009, 05:17 AM
After seeing Edmanets on the dyno when he had a triple I would say that is your problem.

wreckwriter
09-14-2009, 05:18 AM
Converter locking and unlocking I bet.

knee_dragger
09-14-2009, 05:38 AM
After seeing Edmanets on the dyno when he had a triple I would say that is your problem.

Read about the driving issue with it lock\unlock problem. What issue on the dyno?

Blackdevil77
09-14-2009, 06:41 AM
Converter locking and unlocking I bet.

Definitely this

Devilish34
09-14-2009, 06:58 AM
Read about the driving issue with it lock\unlock problem. What issue on the dyno?

It was unlocking and locking on the dyno. You could see it in the chart and hear it. Very old sound everyone was like WTF

http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=8967&highlight=dyno

edmanet
09-14-2009, 07:30 AM
It was unlocking and locking on the dyno. You could see it in the chart and hear it. Very old sound everyone was like WTF

http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=8967&highlight=dyno

I know I'm 'old' but don't you mean odd sound?? LMAO

Devilish34
09-14-2009, 08:10 AM

I don't multitask as well as I use to :(

knee_dragger
09-14-2009, 08:14 AM

Same issue I had on the dyno. But on the street it doesn't just feel like an unlock\locking feeling. It feels like a slips for about 1500rpms and then a really hard grab!

stryker g8gt
09-14-2009, 11:14 AM
If you just did the convertor......I would have to ask if you or whoever did the install followed the tranny fluid fill instructions exactly.....even making sure you are at the right temp during filling.......I had similar issues but it was lack of tranny fluid was on a SS3200 Yank . just a thought

knee_dragger
09-14-2009, 12:07 PM
If you just did the convertor......I would have to ask if you or whoever did the install followed the tranny fluid fill instructions exactly.....even making sure you are at the right temp during filling.......I had similar issues but it was lack of tranny fluid was on a SS3200 Yank . just a thought

Converter has been in for a few months already. Will check again after the new one goes in on sat.

knee_dragger
09-17-2009, 08:40 AM
:woohoo: Not a bad trans so far. Crawled under on Tuesday and found that the fill plug up top was missing. Not sure how that happened, but after getting a new one on and then filling up the trans again she's all good. Going to have the trans flush and filter replaced on sat cause I'm sure some crap made it's way in. Also getting the converter change on Sat so I can finally get a good dyno reading.

Thanks!