PDA

View Full Version : Moving to VA from FL

Vertical
09-12-2009, 08:16 AM
I finally got the news I've been waiting for since I graduated in April. I received a job offer for a position actually relating to my major. If all things go through as planned, I will be relocating to Newport News, Virginia within the next 1-2 months.

The fiancee is more than excited as she's really ready to move on from Florida......me, well I'm thankful to have the opportunity to land a good job at a time like this. I've lived in south florida my entire life and I sure will miss the good people that I've been fortunate enough to meet down here.

That being said, I know that relocating involves more than just picking up my crap and moving it to another state. I will be using a relocation company to get most of my stuff up there and I will be provided with 30 days of temporary stay until I can find a place.

Anyone familiar with the area and things I should look out for that may not be found in a Wiki page or nngov.com?

Vertical
09-14-2009, 04:55 AM
Anyone from VA with some insight on the car scene out there (tracks, hangouts, speed shops)?

MoonPie
09-14-2009, 11:16 AM
Anyone from VA with some insight on the car scene out there (tracks, hangouts, speed shops)?

First off, congratulations. Second, I wish I could help you, I have just passed through the area and haven't spent much time there. I live in the northwest tip of VA so I don't make it down there too often. I'm sure there's something in the VA beach area to entertain your Interest. Best of luck.

Kermit
09-14-2009, 11:38 AM
Welcome to the southern part of Va when you make it up here. :)
I'm in Va. Beach but only know of one other guy around here with a G8. PM me if you have lots of questions about the area. I'm mostly on the south side but do know a little about the peninsula.

Vertical
09-14-2009, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the kind words and warm welcome. I hope to be up there w/in a month (the paperwork will take some time). I'm excited about having the opportunity to experience a new place and meet some new people.

As I understand it, traffic between the peninsula and Va. Beach/ Norfolk can be a hassle so we're probably looking to keep in the peninsula when we move up depending on where/when my fiancee can find work (that should be easy right, lol).

SuperSonic
09-14-2009, 05:13 PM
Hey steve I replied to vertical on the other board about me you and him meeting up when he got up here maybe we can show him the ropes hahahhahah. In your case the ladders.

SuperSonic
09-14-2009, 05:23 PM
Oh and vertical I heard you talking about dragstrips there is VMP in dinwiddie and richmond dragway I go to both from time to time so if you feel the need for speed we can take a trip up there for a test n tune

Vertical
09-15-2009, 04:50 AM
Oh and vertical I heard you talking about dragstrips there is VMP in dinwiddie and richmond dragway I go to both from time to time so if you feel the need for speed we can take a trip up there for a test n tune

That's good to hear. Neither of them seem to be too far of a drive away

SuperSonic
09-15-2009, 11:13 AM
Naw I bass pro is right down the road from you and it doesnt take me anytime to get there so maybe we can all meet up there one night after youve setteled in and eat at the steakhouse right next to it or something.

Kermit
09-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Vertical,
Traffic is a REAL PIA if your wanting to go from the Southside to the the Northside. If your job is going to be on the peninsula, then stay on that side to live.

We'll all have to meet up once you get settled.

Vertical
09-15-2009, 05:01 PM
Naw I bass pro is right down the road from you and it doesnt take me anytime to get there so maybe we can all meet up there one night after youve setteled in and eat at the steakhouse right next to it or something.

Vertical,
Traffic is a REAL PIA if your wanting to go from the Southside to the the Northside. If your job is going to be on the peninsula, then stay on that side to live.

We'll all have to meet up once you get settled.

I'm glad to see that the car scene is pretty active up there.....I'm looking forward to it

Vertical
10-30-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm finally in town, staying in Hampton near Hampton Roads Center. I'm looking forward to hearing about any meetings in the coming weeks. Outside of a wedding to go to next weekend I'm going to be pretty damn bored.