PDA

View Full Version : Anybody raced an M5 yet? Results?

VegasNate
09-11-2009, 02:01 PM
I may have the chance to race one (In Mexico of course). It will probably be some roll ons.

vic2186
09-11-2009, 02:10 PM
i have..three days after i got my car back from getting cammed..good race but i pulled on him bad..you should have no problem unless your racing this m5!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POQyxVdsJWk

GT G8
09-11-2009, 02:21 PM
you should have no problem unless your racing this m5!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POQyxVdsJWk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POQyxVdsJWk)

2:15 appears to suggest getting better tires.

_

MGM GT
09-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Yes all the time... which is why I have the wheels on my car. You will have NO problem at all... not even a little bit. I walk them and you have a good bit more power then I.

VegasNate
09-11-2009, 02:58 PM
2:15 appears to suggest getting better tires.

_

Haha yes I know. Looking into some 285/30/20 Invos

09gtt
09-11-2009, 04:17 PM
With your mods u shouldn't be scared of anybody. I raced one had him til about 90 then he put a car on me by 115.

Devilish34
09-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Haha yes I know. Looking into some 285/30/20 Invos

NT05s I hope

elilozano28
09-12-2009, 09:48 AM
m5 do give you competition i raced an 2009 m5 with my gxp, his car is stock and mine too, i raced him in mexico the m5 was hitting 12.8 cold and 13.0 at normal temp. i have raced about 15 times i always beat him on the take off until half of the track then he will catch up to me at the end and beats me. those cars do not have good take off but they have good top end.

99-LS1-SS
09-12-2009, 10:12 AM
i have..three days after i got my car back from getting cammed..good race but i pulled on him bad..you should have no problem unless your racing this m5!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POQyxVdsJWk

That is a sweet M5!

GT-610
09-12-2009, 10:27 AM
m5 do give you competition i raced an 2009 m5 with my gxp, his car is stock and mine too, i raced him in mexico the m5 was hitting 12.8 cold and 13.0 at normal temp. i have raced about 15 times i always beat him on the take off until half of the track then he will catch up to me at the end and beats me. those cars do not have good take off but they have good top end.

i noticed that...I raced one till 60 or so and beat him by half a car but I'm sure he would have gotten me eventually.We shut down cause two lanes were merging to one-he really wanted to pass me.i said to myself...nooooooooowaaay!

VegasNate
09-12-2009, 10:31 AM
True story: I was on the freeway coming home today, driving in Manual Mode with T/C off. At 70MPH in 3rd gear I punched it and spun the wheels and it went sideways. It scared the Shit outta me and made me smile at the same time.

zosoboogie
09-12-2009, 10:42 AM
I didn't race a M5 but on the highway I was "playing" with one! I hate it when cars behind you are on your ass like I can see his face close so I floored it and took off and I was just screwing around with him. I saw him getting pissed because I wouldn't move over but its one thing being in the fast lane and a car behind being a safe distance and another like the m5 being less than a foot off my bumper. so when he switched lanes be tried to pass me but at the same time I floored it and we were drag racing but after 135 mph in the city I let him go and slowed down.

True story: I was on the freeway coming home today, driving in Manual Mode with T/C off. At 70MPH in 3rd gear I punched it and spun the wheels and it went sideways. It scared the Shit outta me and made me smile at the same time.

Yesterday I was driving home from meeting up with my friends and I do need new rear tires but I turned off traction control and I was going about 60 mph and floored it and all the way to 4th was spinning the tires. It was scary as hell but sure was fun!!

p71
09-12-2009, 06:46 PM
If you are in the fast lane and a car pulls up behind you then you are wrong... in just about every state the fast lane is for passing and blocking traffic in it is a ticketable offense... I know it seems assholish when someone tailgates you or flashes you from behind, and that is also ticketable (the tailgating part at least... not sure about the flashing), but you were doing the wrong thing if you were in the way...

That said I have outrun an M6 to 90ish... never run an M5

zosoboogie
09-12-2009, 07:51 PM
If you are in the fast lane and a car pulls up behind you then you are wrong... in just about every state the fast lane is for passing and blocking traffic in it is a ticketable offense... I know it seems assholish when someone tailgates you or flashes you from behind, and that is also ticketable (the tailgating part at least... not sure about the flashing), but you were doing the wrong thing if you were in the way...

That said I have outrun an M6 to 90ish... never run an M5

I never said i was right, I drive to survive its those other asshole I worry about who would hit me!