PDA

View Full Version : Lexus IS-F

2QUIK4U
09-08-2009, 06:51 AM
I was cruising down I-95 South the other day on my way home from Gander Mountain when a new IS-F comes flying by me. I have seen the comparisons between the new M3 and the IS-F so I know its pretty quick. We played around getting through traffic for a few miles and finally got to where there was a good mile of open road ahead. We went from a 55 roll. The Lexus jumped on the 2nd honk but I realed him in and passed him in 3rd gear and put about a car on him up to 130. At 130 he started catching up slightly and I let out before he got to my passenger door around 140. The IS-F is definatley no joke on the top end. I would like to run one from a stop. At least he provided me with some extra motivation to go ahead and order a cam. Next time it wont even be close. :devil:

SpeedRacerX
09-08-2009, 07:20 AM
Interesting...good job holding him off. Pretty impressive for the IS-F given your mods. Better watch myself with them.

johnbell2
09-08-2009, 07:35 AM
Hm, I had a different experience with the IS-F I ran into... stayed pinned to his rear passenger door after he decided to get froggy at the light. He basically got me on reaction, if I had jumped we probably would have switched places.

They are no joke, definitely will keep a GXP on its toes.

WARLOCK
09-08-2009, 07:15 PM
mye girlfriend came all over one when she was looking at new cars. we was there to drive a IS250 (so slow) and even though I think its a bueatiful car it also cost 3 times what i paid for my G8.... it aint that damn nice