PDA

View Full Version : G8 gt, sti, lt1

ScreaminRedZ
09-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Went out for a cruise with some friends yesterday and got in a couple good runs. I ran a catback only 2006 STI. We got one dig run and a couple rolls. I also got a couple more runs in against my brother's mild bolt-on 1994 A4 Z28. Real fun time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP7KhNMiU8c

fiveoh
09-07-2009, 08:11 PM
Im surprised that z28 took you from a dig. Did the STI miss a shift on the dig run? Good runs! Nice vids.

Art708
09-08-2009, 03:24 AM
All this tells me that our cars need some GEARS to get them off the line. They are stong on the top end. Good runs, good video.

ScreaminRedZ
09-08-2009, 03:46 AM
Thanks guys!

I've raced the Z28 a bunch of times and I usually get him from a dig in the 1/4. If you watch my other video you can see another dig run where we're dead even until I pull up top. That LT1 pulls hard down low though. On this run we both spun and he caught traction first. He was excited to finally beat me, hence the arm out the window, haha.

Next up for him is a set of headers, 1.6 rockers and spring, and an electric water pump and I bet he yanks me down low and just keeps pulling...but hopefully I won't be stock by then :D

The STI didn't miss. He said the launch wasn't the best, but he wasn't making excuses. He was real cool and very suprised at how hard the G8 pulls up top. We're gonna run the 1994 Z28 against the STI from a dig and then the STI will be getting a tune and I'll line up with him again. The tables should be turned on me then ,haha.

All this tells me that our cars need some GEARS to get them off the line. They are stong on the top end. Good runs, good video.

Honestly, I think the torque management is more of a problem than the gearing. My car feels like a 4 cylinder turbo car rather than a big inch V8 with the way it ramps up the power. Hopefully a tune will fix that!

Slizzo
09-08-2009, 04:35 AM
We should meet up sometime an run em. I only have a SC Cortex tune, but it's better than nothing. :)

fiveoh
09-08-2009, 05:16 AM
Cool post up the vid of the z vs the sti when it happens i'd like to see it.

ScreaminRedZ
09-08-2009, 05:19 AM
Slizzo, that sounds fun. I'd like to see how a tuned G8 does against a stock one. Hopefully it'll give me incentive to get modding!

Cool post up the vid of the z vs the sti when it happens i'd like to see it.

I definitely will. I'm hoping to make it happen this weekend.