PDA

View Full Version : Drive shaft loop?

Executor999
09-28-2008, 12:01 PM
For those who have been underneath their G8's does anyone know if our cars have a drive shaft loop? I gave a looksee and couldn't see one. One of the drag racing requirements here in Portland, specifically for cars that can do at least 13.99 in the quarter, is a drive shaft loop. It'd be a hassle if I had to install one just to see what I can do on the quarter.

Thanks,
Dan

wreckwriter
09-28-2008, 01:12 PM
It does not have one. I believe though that the design of the stock exhaust makes it impossible for the front of the shaft to hit the ground. Whether they accept that or not would be up to the track tech inspector.

Panther 2
09-28-2008, 02:27 PM
One could be installed in place of where the flat plate is bolted with the 4 bolts , behind the trans and underneath the exhaust if needed. The plate might be enough fir the track rules ?

wreckwriter
09-28-2008, 02:29 PM
It needs to be within 6" of the trans yoke I believe for NHRA rules.

Crazy Paul
10-17-2008, 02:34 PM
Judging by the shitty welds, this isn't the stock exhaust. Pic gives you an idea of the area in discussion tho.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/PerthPurplePenguin/car%20parts/VESSVfrontexhresized.jpg

R.Penguin
10-17-2008, 04:46 PM
For those who have been underneath their G8's does anyone know if our cars have a drive shaft loop? I gave a looksee and couldn't see one. One of the drag racing requirements here in Portland, specifically for cars that can do at least 13.99 in the quarter, is a drive shaft loop. It'd be a hassle if I had to install one just to see what I can do on the quarter.

Thanks,
Dan
Aw sh*t! Just do what a lot of us do. It's called the redneck loop mod. Tie a peice of 3/4" rope thru the front seat and run it under the car. Oh, yeah....tie a knot in it.