PDA

View Full Version : Small world............

GXPaycheck
09-04-2009, 06:28 PM
Posted this on the other board. Thought ya'll might enjoy it!

So there I was (all pilot stories are required to start that way).......
Landed in Waukesha, WI, buttoned up the plane and went to the hotel. After a couple hours of watching TV I decided to take a walk before sleepy time. On my way out the door I think to myself, "Self, what a bummer. You haven't seen a G8 on the road in 3 days of cross country travel". So I head out the door and at the first stop light I come to what to my wondering eyes should appear? A Hot White G8GT followed by a Hot White GXP! Now trying to control myself and not look like a total nutcase (hard to do, I know) I approach these vehicles and give the lead driver an enthusiastic thumbs up! This nice gentleman drops his window (it's Wisconsin, not New York) and says hello. I tell him I have one just like it at home and he asks if I know about the G8board, to which I respond "You bet! I'm PaycheckG8!" Now to make this even more interesting, it turns out that this gentleman is none other that G8board moderator Roberthammen! And the driver of the following GXP is his lovely wife! Out on the prowl for unsuspecting hemi's, no doubt. Unfortunately the light turned green and they had to end the unexpected visit and continue on their merry way.

Glad to meet you, Robert! Sorry We couldn't chat a while. But thanx for making this old fahrt's week! Hope you had a good time wherever you were going.
And the cars looked awesome!