PDA

View Full Version : Haddad Motorsports Magnacharger Sale !!!

HaddadMotorsports
09-03-2009, 09:43 AM
I've got a couple of G8 TVS 1900 systems on the shelf and I would like to clear some inventory.

Please give us a call for pricing and or with any other questions you may have.
I assure you our pricing won't be beaten.

Thanks
Mike Haddad

Posidon42
09-29-2009, 02:38 PM
pm'd

Project Whiplash
10-05-2009, 04:30 PM
What kinda price we looking at? got any 2300s?..

Holloway
10-07-2009, 10:26 AM
what are you asking for it??? Interested but either way im picking one up this week so let me know.

Posidon42
10-07-2009, 12:08 PM
Called Mike yesterday and it is a very good price. Call him for the info as your needs are probably different than mine. Made up a special price for me as I didn't need everything that is in the kit. I am seriously considering buying this... just need to convince the wife :)

Devilish34
10-07-2009, 01:15 PM
Waiting for a return call

happie
10-07-2009, 03:28 PM
maybe i can help you clear some space...LOL
what is the price? Installed?

HaddadMotorsports
10-07-2009, 04:43 PM
Please call us for pricing guys.

If you have already called and left a message I should be getting back to you shortly.

Thanks
Mike Haddad
310-412-8032

Posidon42
10-22-2009, 04:57 PM
Ordered mine. Best price I could find even comparing some of the other vendors on the board. Can't wait for the box of shiny parts to show up at the door!

VegasNate
10-23-2009, 08:12 AM
:woohoo:Congrats!

Posidon42
11-02-2009, 07:32 PM
Nate, now I just need the rest of the parts off your car :)

VegasNate
11-03-2009, 08:06 AM
:headbang:I'm sure you will get them eventually. It is inevitable!

Posidon42
11-03-2009, 05:21 PM
That's what my wife is afraid of. I showed her your signature and said, "That is what I want in my car" She laughed at first, until she realized I wasn't kidding :)

As I said above, I have the 1900 sitting in my garage, but I am still trying to decide if I should wait and install a cam, injectors and the exhaust all at one time. Should make for one hell of an upgrade. And a pretty hefty chunk out of my wallet too. It's just that I am a fan of only taking stuff apart once when possible.

Oh yeah, and you need more videos.

El.Diablos.G8
11-07-2009, 08:56 PM
Ordered mine. Best price I could find even comparing some of the other vendors on the board. Can't wait for the box of shiny parts to show up at the door!

Your not lying...If it wasn't for my newborn I would order one myself..

Posidon42
11-07-2009, 09:06 PM
Bah, I have 4 kids and the oldest is 5 years old. My newborn just turned 2 months old. DO IT!

Cansogo
11-09-2009, 01:07 PM
If it's go good post it up...save me a LD call.....& a call back....Is it a BIG secret!!!

HaddadMotorsports
11-09-2009, 02:26 PM
If it's go good post it up...save me a LD call.....& a call back....Is it a BIG secret!!!

pm sent

Thanks
Mike Haddad

MGM GT
11-09-2009, 03:24 PM
pm sent

Thanks
Mike Haddad

Can you send one my way... and how long the prices are good for. Looking for a way to spend the xmas bonus.

Kermit
11-09-2009, 04:02 PM
How many are left? Can you send me a quote on the price?

HaddadMotorsports
11-09-2009, 05:36 PM
more pms sent :)

MGM GT
11-14-2009, 10:11 AM
more pms sent :)

I wish you could put it in writing.. would make the decision easier! Trying to decide between cam/converter or blown. Figure cam & converter is going to cost $4000 and a blower is in the 5,500 range but potentially more power.

Has anyone directly compared a Magnacharger 1900 vs a Procharger P-1? Or a 2300 vs D1, etc..? Has anyone put an F-1 on a G8 at al? I saw one place had a F-1 upgrade for $600!!

El.Diablos.G8
11-14-2009, 08:12 PM
^^^^I would take down that price before you piss off a Vendor...

El.Diablos.G8
11-14-2009, 08:16 PM
Bah, I have 4 kids and the oldest is 5 years old. My newborn just turned 2 months old. DO IT!

Just can't...I'm 25 years old, 2 kids, wife, in the Air Force, and Debt free. I would like to get a top secret clearance one day and do want this debt on my Credit Cards. Also would like to buy a House instead of renting one..My rent is already $1200/month(in the midwest that is a house payment)

Posidon42
11-14-2009, 08:28 PM
As an Air Force person with 4 kids and a wife who stays at home, I can assure you they don't care about car loans or parts for your clearance. However, the only reason I am getting this is as an advance on my Major pay which starts in April :woohoo: Unfortunately, she already knows I am eyeing an ARH header system and I am already researching injector and a BAP for more boost. I spent 6 years building my last car before selling it for this one. I have no intent on waiting another 6 years before this car is where I want it to be.

Back on topic, good deals here and Mike is great to deal with. Even worked with me on getting a tune for my HP Tuners.

MGM GT
11-15-2009, 07:23 AM
^^^^I would take down that price before you piss off a Vendor...

Umm who would I piss off that's the going rate for a ProCharger. A simple Google search tells you that.

Maybe you misunderstood, I'm trying to get the Maggie price to compare to those prices so I can make a decision. You know the old HP per $$ ratio!

Posidon42
11-15-2009, 07:42 AM
never liked prochargers. Belt driven turbos are a suboptimal design for boost and reliability. Just my opinion though.

MGM GT
11-15-2009, 08:29 AM
never liked prochargers. Belt driven turbos are a suboptimal design for boost and reliability. Just my opinion though.

Is that why some of the fastest cars in the world are running them?

Have you ever been in or driven an F1 or F3 car?? HOLY CRAP! I've never seen a Maggie car that's remotely as fast. Hardly call it suboptimal for boost when they are running 30-40PSI

El.Diablos.G8
11-15-2009, 08:38 AM
Umm who would I piss off that's the going rate for a ProCharger. A simple Google search tells you that.

Maybe you misunderstood, I'm trying to get the Maggie price to compare to those prices so I can make a decision. You know the old HP per $$ ratio!

I thought ou where posting the sale price at first...

El.Diablos.G8
11-15-2009, 08:38 AM
As an Air Force person with 4 kids and a wife who stays at home, I can assure you they don't care about car loans or parts for your clearance. However, the only reason I am getting this is as an advance on my Major pay which starts in April :woohoo: Unfortunately, she already knows I am eyeing an ARH header system and I am already researching injector and a BAP for more boost. I spent 6 years building my last car before selling it for this one. I have no intent on waiting another 6 years before this car is where I want it to be.

Back on topic, good deals here and Mike is great to deal with. Even worked with me on getting a tune for my HP Tuners.

Well I'll trade you SSgt pay for Major Pay:woohoo:

MGM GT
11-15-2009, 08:45 AM
I thought ou where posting the sale price at first...

haha if that's the sale price for a 2300 I'll buy it right now!!

Is there a way to get the Maggie in a setup like the Procharger tuner kit without the programmer and injectors?

Posidon42
11-15-2009, 04:11 PM
To answer your last post, yes you can. I bought mine without extra injectors and without the Maggie tuner since I already had an HP Tuner. It also comes with the stock 3.3" pulley unless you want something bigger.

As for your procharger comment, it is apples and oranges. Nobody here is going to be running 30lbs of boost on their car. And yes, in my opinion, the prochargers have all of the negatives of a turbo system with few of the positives. A normal turbo system doesn't spool up the turbo until you need it. This one is spooling the turbo constantly just so it will be there when you need it. It pulls the intake air from the hottest part of our engine bays and the air-to-air heat exchanger is nowhere near as thermodynamically efficient as the air-to-water heat exchanger from the maggie kit. As a professional mechanical engineer, I didn't even consider the prochargers for the G8 for these reasons. A well built twin turbo system would have been optimal but by the time I bought my car, nobody was making one. Again, all of this is based on my opinion and previous experience with turbo'd cars.

Good luck with your search.

Posidon42
11-15-2009, 04:12 PM
Well I'll trade you SSgt pay for Major Pay:woohoo:

Lol, no thanks :)

MGM GT
11-15-2009, 04:57 PM
To answer your last post, yes you can. I bought mine without extra injectors and without the Maggie tuner since I already had an HP Tuner. It also comes with the stock 3.3" pulley unless you want something bigger.

As for your procharger comment, it is apples and oranges. Nobody here is going to be running 30lbs of boost on their car. And yes, in my opinion, the prochargers have all of the negatives of a turbo system with few of the positives. A normal turbo system doesn't spool up the turbo until you need it. This one is spooling the turbo constantly just so it will be there when you need it. It pulls the intake air from the hottest part of our engine bays and the air-to-air heat exchanger is nowhere near as thermodynamically efficient as the air-to-water heat exchanger from the maggie kit. As a professional mechanical engineer, I didn't even consider the prochargers for the G8 for these reasons. A well built twin turbo system would have been optimal but by the time I bought my car, nobody was making one. Again, all of this is based on my opinion and previous experience with turbo'd cars.

Good luck with your search.

What vendor let you purchase it separately?

As an engineer you let a simple air intake pipe defeat you? Its pretty easy to fab up a new inlet pipe or use meth injection to overcome high IAT's or intercooler efficiency.

I want something that will perform and wont have to replace if plans change. I also don't want to spend $6k to only be a couple tenths faster then I am now. Just doing my due diligence so I gain the most hp per dollar.

I think you mean smaller pulley? I certainly wouldn't want less boost the small amount that comes stock.

Your correct I don't need 30PSI right now, but next year when Im bored with the car again I want the option to put in forged internals and crank up the boost. Thats not possible with the Magnacharger but a very real possibility with the ProCharger. I checked and it voids the MagnaCharger warranty but ProCharger supports pretty high boost levels.

Posidon42
11-15-2009, 05:32 PM
I bought this from Mike. The kit by default doesn't include injectors but they are available if you want more power. I hope I didn't say something I shouldn't have but Mike let me buy it without the Maggie tuner box.

This is my daily driver, so there is no way I will use more than 10psi with this or any kit. If you want to go crazy with the car, then you might have to look somewhere other than the Maggie. However, vegasnate is using the 2300 kit and is putting out some very good numbers.

Yes, I meant smaller pulley... Mike also has them for a very resonable price.

GTeve
11-15-2009, 06:43 PM
The Procharger vs. Maggie debate is always heated. If you are looking for late power (upper rpm range) or a possible 800 rwhp G8 with forged internals, etc. then the procharger will be better in the long run, especially with some meth and maybe a more efficient intercooler. If you are looking for 450-600 rwhp (possible more but not as capable as the Procharger) for a reliable DD that has low end grunt, the Maggie will work better. They are two rather different systems and are capable of doing different things.

For me, I will probably go the Procharger route as these cars already have low end traction problems, and with forged internals and 15+ psi, could have a very mean track car way way in the future when it is no longer a DD.

grandmacpubah
11-15-2009, 07:41 PM
good thread...trying to learn about the differences as I plan for FI in the future.

SpeedRacerX
11-16-2009, 06:40 AM
good thread...trying to learn about the differences as I plan for FI in the future.

+1

HaddadMotorsports
11-16-2009, 02:43 PM
If anyone is looking into FI for there car, please feel free to give us a call.
I'm more than happy to run through all of your questions, and feed you as much data on any of the systems available for our cars. Yes I am here to sell systems, but understand I'm here to get you the best thing for your application. I won't tell you what to do, I will simply feed you educated information that should help you better make your decision.

I will say this publicly, If your looking for a daily driver there really isn't any competition for the magnacharger systems.

Now if your one of the rare few that can afford an 800+rwhp car, thats when we get into the centrifugal units. For those of you who havn't built one or had one built, the magazines don't tell you that the 800rwhp car your reading about cost 50+k in mods and took 4+ months to build, and that it requires 10 times as much maintenance. I can go on and on.

Thanks
Mike Haddad

HaddadMotorsports
11-16-2009, 02:55 PM
Oh and BTW I just did ruffly 30 laps on one of the most engine challenging tracks on the west coast. The event was redline time atack, at California speedway. I wont say how good I did. (cause I pretty much got my but kicked :))

But to make a long story short the car performed amazingly. I drove it there, raced it all day and drove it back all in street trim, and on pump gas. Thats still the same prototype 1900 we put on the car ruffly 30k miles ago. and its never been touched since.

I will have some video up shortly in another post.

Thanks
Mike Haddad

SpeedRacerX
11-16-2009, 02:57 PM
I can vouch for Mike's unbiased guidance. I had a certain header set in my mind and they were ones he had in stock at the best price around. After speaking with him and his sharing of real-world data and experience, I reached a different decision. It didn't earn Mike the sale in the short-term but since then I have steered several people in his direction for items that Mike would know a lot about.

MGM GT
11-16-2009, 03:41 PM
Oh and BTW I just did ruffly 30 laps on one of the most engine challenging tracks on the west coast. The event was redline time atack, at California speedway. I wont say how good I did. (cause I pretty much got my but kicked :))

But to make a long story short the car performed amazingly. I drove it there, raced it all day and drove it back all in street trim, and on pump gas. Thats still the same prototype 1900 we put on the car ruffly 30k miles ago. and its never been touched since.

I will have some video up shortly in another post.

Thanks
Mike Haddad

Now that is good to hear!