PDA

View Full Version : Service Oil DIC Light

GTeve
09-01-2009, 07:29 PM
Searched and came up with nothing...

I changed the oil in my G8 the first day I got it with some RP synthetic. 6000 or so miles later, the little "oil life" is at 3% (in engineering mode) and when I first turn on the key, a "Service Oil" (or something similar) notification comes up to tell me to have my oil changed. Well, I changed the oil again like I always do, so I now need to get rid of that silly notification. How?

I thought of disconnecting the battery to reset the ecu but I wasn't sure if that would mess up my ECM/TCM tune.

Thanks for any input.

sweetair
09-01-2009, 07:35 PM
I thought that with the key turned on, not started, you press the accelerator 3 times in 5 sec and it resets the oil life info. Any one else agree here? BTW--------I have tried this and have yet to get it to work.

polo
09-01-2009, 07:36 PM
I thought that with the key turned on, not started, you press the accelerator 3 times in 5 sec and it resets the oil life info. Any one else agree here? BTW--------I have tried this and have yet to get it to work.

Exactly right. It works for me?

Are you pressing it all the way to the floor?

-Ray-
09-02-2009, 12:43 AM
It's on page 9-11 in your users manual.
Turn key to on, within 5 seconds press and release the gas pedal 3 times.

Panzer Leader
09-02-2009, 04:42 AM
Actually you must remove the dash board and send it back to GM where they reset the DIC.

texn884
06-25-2010, 10:27 AM
Panzer Leader, that may be a bit extreme, but if that is what they want to when ship away right?
That gave me a good laugh.

Code3pro
11-30-2010, 11:30 AM
turn key to acc position while holding the menu button for the info system. It's the one that looks like a roadway on the left side of the steering wheel. After a few seconds, the info center will ask if you want to reset the oil change info. press the enter button located next to the menu button for approx. one second and release. The turn acc off and remove key. That should reset it.

-Ray-
11-30-2010, 04:00 PM
You don't need to do that. Simply press the gas pedal 3 times after the key is turned on.

Code3pro
12-01-2010, 12:41 PM
I tried that a few times, and no dice. I think it may be because I have the cortex tune installed?

-Ray-
12-01-2010, 01:06 PM
I tried that a few times, and no dice. I think it may be because I have the cortex tune installed?

I don't see how that can affect that. It's interesting that you can do it through the service menu which few people here know about.

Code3pro
12-02-2010, 09:05 AM
I discovered that in a quickstart guide pamphlet in the delivery materials.

SRG963
12-02-2010, 09:31 AM

As stated above, below should work with no problem. The Cortex would not interfere.

Make sure your key is all the way to the on position, without starting the car.
Within 5 seconds of turning the key, fully engage the gas peddle 3 times.

Code3pro
12-02-2010, 01:09 PM
I will give it another go then...

Code3pro
12-02-2010, 01:14 PM
The reason I thought the cortex might be interfering is because, when I tried the other reset method using the scroll and enter buttons on the steering wheel, that didn't work either.

On a separate note, I have also noticed that the traction and stability control programs intermittedly don't engage since the tune. Not a big deal since the car is easy to control, and I usually only see it when accelerating on a bumpy surface. Sometimes the TC kicks in, sometimes it doesn't and the tires spin and the car wants to step sideways, which it never did before on the same streets under similar conditions. I love the tune but wonder if anyone else has seen similar issues.

Code3pro
12-03-2010, 09:26 AM
Update * gas pedal reset worked...must have had a defective foot the first few times I tried.