PDA

View Full Version : Washington Post Columnist Warren Brown discusses Bluetooth in the Pontiac G8

deluxe
08-29-2009, 10:19 PM
Here is a section from the transcript.

"Here's suggesting that GM solves the matter by teaming with its OnStar people to make Bluetooth connectivity available to all G8 buyers who thought they were getting it, but didn't, at an exceptionally friendly cost."

Click link below for more

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2009/08/21/DI2009082102470.html?nav=rss_business/industries

Panzer Leader
08-30-2009, 05:55 AM
Hold your breath!

stryker g8gt
08-30-2009, 06:59 AM
at least it still getting mentioned, and with better publicity then we could do....But yea, I am not going to hold my breath.

WickedMom
08-30-2009, 09:25 AM
Ugh, we do we get grouped with prius owners?

Capitol Hill: Warren, I've owned three Saturns. However, now that my L300 has died, I have decided to buy a Prius. I love the car and am happy to buy one. However, after my experience with Saturn, I was struck by how unresponsive and inattentive the Toyota dealer was. I had a similar experience 17 years ago, which is what drove me to Saturn. The only reason I stuck with Toyota this time is I really wanted the Prius. Not sure I would do it again when I buy my next car.

Is this a common experience.

Warren Brown: Yes, unfortunately, it is. Side story:

Like many of you, I've been following the reports on the death and impending funeral of Sen. Ted Kennedy (D-Mass.) What struck me were comments from all of the people who worked with and against the man--his attention to detail, particularly his attention to people and their feelings, his attempts to understand what they were thinking, feeling, and why.

It occurred to me that if we all applied those values to our business and personal lives, we'd all be a lot better off--no angry Pontiac G8 owners upset because they didn't get the Bluetooth they thought was there, no Toyota Prius customers suffering from buyer's remorse because they did business with an indifferent, dismissive dealer.

Panzer Leader
08-30-2009, 04:56 PM
Perhaps we do, but again, it is the sign of the times. Too many auto makers forgot the simple rule of Customer Support. No one is asking for anything more than support after the sales. Especially when it is still in warranty. Then, when their customer base erodes, its oh pity me, I ain't selling shit! Well, there you go, the word gets out.

R.Penguin
08-30-2009, 05:22 PM
I don't get the whole point of the article. The car is D-E-A-D! WTF?

Panzer Leader
08-31-2009, 06:07 AM

That will be the next diagnostic report from OnStar.:poof:

BW G8GT
08-31-2009, 06:13 AM

+1.. GM is not going to beat a dead horse. Pontiac is dead; we're on our own.