PDA

View Full Version : No race but..

WARLOCK
08-29-2009, 08:22 PM
I was walking into the gym this afternoon before work and heard something. Turned around and was like WTF!:surprise:

Turning around in the parking lot was a REAL R32 GTR Skyline. I mean right hand drive and all. The 32's were lighter than the 33 and 34 and are generally known to be stupid quick. I turned around jumped in the 8 and chased the guy down. I never even asked him to race, I was just to busy checking it out. The guy bought it from someone in Canada that actually disassembled the car and shipped it to him in parts. then he put it back together. all original, 60,000 miles. He gutted the rear and put in a cage, had light weight 17" volks. Engine mods so far he just had an AFC controller, HKS filters and a cat back on it but claims he already smoked a new camaro by two links. he is hoping for a hi 12's for his first track outing. So I did the only thing I could think we swapped numbers and I told him I would call him first cool spell we had, we are going to the track.. Im going to see what hes got. Really cool guy. hes the import type but he at least knew what my car was. I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED. ALSO next time I will have my camera.. Hell i have only seen 3 other Skylines before in my life and never one at the track, this will be fun.

blackoutgt
08-29-2009, 09:59 PM
nice, I'm looking forward to some video. And he shipped it in and assembled it?!?! thats bad-a!

-Ray-
08-30-2009, 04:46 AM
Ok, this is a cool story I'll watch.

stryker g8gt
08-30-2009, 06:16 AM
Cool, I have only seen one when I was in Fl. Wonder how long it took to get it all shipped.......lol

PostalCherokee
08-30-2009, 07:34 AM
lB2qsj4Tzm0
Thought this was a good video for the subject:surprise:

G8GT721
08-30-2009, 09:22 AM
lB2qsj4Tzm0
Thought this was a good video for the subject:surprise:

fuck me :surprise:

WARLOCK
08-30-2009, 08:30 PM
Cool, I have only seen one when I was in Fl. Wonder how long it took to get it all shipped.......lol

I DUNNO he didnt say. He did say he had only had it back together a few weeks. When I saw him he was just cruising around slow, said he was making sure he had all the kinks worked out. I forgot to note the guy is a mechanic and works at the local Nissan Dealership. From what I understood his boss actually let him store it in a back part of the shop and work on it there. It was not a perfect car but very buildable. I really wish I would have had my camera. Im not an import guy but I love all autos, and any car love knows what a Skyline or a Supra is all about. I cant WAIT to see this car run at the track.

polo
08-30-2009, 08:38 PM
What a coincidence....

My sister's boyfriend came over today and said "you won't believe what I saw in the parking deck today." Then he showed me a cell phone pick of a real GTR Skyline!

I didn't know much about these cars until I read this thread and then did a little research. So I was able to act like I knew a little bit more about them today when he showed me the pic :)

WARLOCK
08-30-2009, 08:45 PM
cool. They are sick. Nissan used to dominate road racing with the skyline. straight awesome. R33's are sexy as hell too

'02 ws6
08-30-2009, 11:37 PM
Was he allowed to title and register the car in the states? I've seen one and one only Skyline. It was in DFW, R32/right hand drive as well, sort of greyish color with Gold 5spoke rims. He was hanging out at a big movie theater off GBush TRNPIKE. Amidst all the hubbub, I caught him saying it was no where legal, seeing as it was somehow imported, and he can't title and register in the states due to customs regulations or something along those lines. This one though was running a massive single 76mm turbo, 4"DP, (don't remember brand) wastegate, triple disk Kevlar clutch from Nismo (supposedly), and rebuilt stg 4 trans.

I'm solely a domestic fan, so I wasn't all "ooh and ahh" like everyone else, but it was genuine, and something you'll hardly ever see anywhere else, so the rarity value is definitely appealing. It was cool to actually see one though.
BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

DewieJr
08-30-2009, 11:44 PM
Theres a couple of them in Dayton Ohio area....two R32's and 1 R33. Neat when you first see them, but after while I've gotten use to seeing those guys. They can be made QUITE nasty!

WARLOCK
08-31-2009, 02:57 AM
Was he allowed to title and register the car in the states? I've seen one and one only Skyline. It was in DFW, R32/right hand drive as well, sort of greyish color with Gold 5spoke rims. He was hanging out at a big movie theater off GBush TRNPIKE. Amidst all the hubbub, I caught him saying it was no where legal, seeing as it was somehow imported, and he can't title and register in the states due to customs regulations or something along those lines. This one though was running a massive single 76mm turbo, 4"DP, (don't remember brand) wastegate, triple disk Kevlar clutch from Nismo (supposedly), and rebuilt stg 4 trans.

I'm solely a domestic fan, so I wasn't all "ooh and ahh" like everyone else, but it was genuine, and something you'll hardly ever see anywhere else, so the rarity value is definitely appealing. It was cool to actually see one though.
BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

You know I dont know. You CAN buy one in the US as a full car. I seem to remember there is a dealer in Cali that could get them imported and sold to you at a stiff price. I DO know thats why this one was disassembled, because you can avoid alot of red tape if your only buying parts :) now weather or not he can title it now that he has it built and back together i dunno, but I seem to recall seeing a tag on it.. I dont know I will text him this afternoon and ask him.

polo
08-31-2009, 04:05 AM
You know I dont know. You CAN buy one in the US as a full car. I seem to remember there is a dealer in Cali that could get them imported and sold to you at a stiff price. I DO know thats why this one was disassembled, because you can avoid alot of red tape if your only buying parts :) now weather or not he can title it now that he has it built and back together i dunno, but I seem to recall seeing a tag on it.. I dont know I will text him this afternoon and ask him.

My sister's boyfriend was telling me that they're not legal in the US as-is, but that California dealer would make all the changes necessary to make it a street legal car. That's one of the reasons they charge so much for the cars. He mentioned a few things that you have to changes so that it meets US regulations (such as windows, emissions).

bigtreepu
09-09-2009, 01:29 PM
What was the response of the text? I'm curious.

~Matt

G8JOE
09-09-2009, 02:02 PM
Is this the GTR with all the extra fenders, all wheel drive and like 90,000 you can buy from Nissan? There is one in my hospital parking lot. Anesthesiologist drives it. Sounds throaty, he says it runs mid 11's, said it has some upgrades, exhaust, chip, I thought he said twin turbo 480hp stock. Ugly over fendered to me.

r33pwrd
09-09-2009, 02:50 PM
R33's are sexy as hell too

Thats where my screen name came from :) R33 skyline (rb25det)

r33pwrd
09-09-2009, 02:53 PM
It use to be easy to get them licensed but harder to get them shipped in. Hence the reason he shipped it in "as parts" (a non complete car) and than installed the motor that was probably in the same shipping container. there is a loop hole that allows you to license them without modification.

WARLOCK
09-11-2009, 12:11 AM
What was the response of the text? I'm curious.

~Matt
i shot him a text and he never text back, hell to be honest i had forgot about it. lol

It use to be easy to get them licensed but harder to get them shipped in. Hence the reason he shipped it in "as parts" (a non complete car) and than installed the motor that was probably in the same shipping container. there is a loop hole that allows you to license them without modification.

yeah, this is basically how hes came down i believe..

JVH1982
09-14-2009, 12:04 PM
Sweet cars... A guy across the steet from my apartment has a R34 GT-R. Absolutely stunning! He uses it as a daily driver so his Bentley Continental GT and Buick GNX (#050) can stay in.

r33pwrd
09-14-2009, 12:30 PM
Sweet cars... A guy across the steet from my apartment has a R34 GT-R. Absolutely stunning! He uses it as a daily driver so his Bentley Continental GT and Buick GNX (#050) can stay in.

They are bad ass... Im a V8 guy now but 2 of the fastest cars Ihave been in where 6cyl turbos.. (Toyota Supra and Nissan Skyline)

WARLOCK
09-14-2009, 09:07 PM

OHHH i just geezed alittle

JVH1982
09-15-2009, 05:06 AM
OHHH i just geezed alittle

Yeah, it is a sight to behold, especially when all three of them are lined up together for the cruise night in my town. Just so happened that I was parked next to an Audi R8 that same night. I didn't think I'd ever get my heart rate down (especially since the R8 had a Stasys Engineering Exhaust, OMG!)