PDA

View Full Version : Just came back from Kaltech...

Blackdevil77
09-25-2008, 01:11 PM
Went to Kaltech about my shift points. They are definitely awsome to work with. Brian got behind the wheel, I was in the passenger seat. He hooked up the laptop to the car with hp tuners running and checked to see were the car was shifting at. Sure enough it was shifting at 57 and change. Yet the shift point was set at 6000! He had to raise it to 6200 to get it to shift at 6000 and 6400 to get it to shift at 6200. It's shifting at about 200 less than what hp tuners set it at????? Brian said he's gonna try to figure out why it's doing that. Brian was awsome about everything and came out on his time to help me figure this out. Kaltech is definitely awsome to work with.

G8V8
09-25-2008, 02:32 PM
For what it is worth, when we were tunig Grand Prix we had funny shifting happening and it turned out there are RPM tables and speed tables. If you got them out of sinc it would shift on MPH instead of RPM. Not saying it is related but, like I said, FWIW.

GRRRR8
09-25-2008, 02:32 PM
I take it it is running to your satisfaction now.

norm8332
09-25-2008, 02:37 PM
For what it is worth, when we were tunig Grand Prix we had funny shifting happening and it turned out there are RPM tables and speed tables. If you got them out of sinc it would shift on MPH instead of RPM. Not saying it is related but, like I said, FWIW.

There are both tables in HP tuners. I uped the part throttle shift speed (in MPH) on mine in sport mode. Now sport mode is sporty. I made it hold the gears a bit longer before upshifting, and I also shortened the shifts a bit. It worked well.

Now if I could just get an idea on the spark tables... I'm giving up on the spark tables and having Mike @ newera help with that.

Blackdevil77
09-25-2008, 05:58 PM
I take it it is running to your satisfaction now.

At WOT, it's much better. Other than that it's still the same thing. Now it shifts very slightly past 6000 which beats the hell outta 5600. I can't wait to see what happens on the 1/4. I'm hoping to have an ud pulley, a CAI and the HSRK by october 17th (track day). I'm aiming for consistent mid 13's. Sound reasonable with those mods? Maybe even low 13's?