PDA

View Full Version : Magnetic Gray Metallic GXP

Skeezix
08-25-2009, 10:58 PM
Hello to all. I'm new to the forum, and am considering selling my current ride for a GXP w/ manual gearbox. However, I can only seem to find the Liquid Red, Panther Black, and Maverick Silver colors. Does anyone here have a Magnetic Gray Metallic GXP that they would be willing to post pictures of? I've searched the net and still CANNOT find a pic of a MGM GXP. Thanks ahead of time.

kevinm0131
08-26-2009, 02:27 AM
Skeez,
Take a look at this link, if he is correct there are none left.

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22183

As of yesterday it appears there are only 107 of the origianl 1829 GXP's left. It would seem that now is the time to decide.
Thanx,
kevin

beach
08-26-2009, 02:35 AM
I think maybe only one member actually has a Magnetic Gray GXP, Eyemuffs:

http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=7966

They're quite rare, along with Pacific Slate and Stryker Blue GXP's. Red, black, white, and silver were produced in much higher percentages, just like the GT.

bracketracer
08-26-2009, 05:27 AM
My research hasn't turned up many MGM M6 cars. Out of over 320 GXPs verified so far, I have only found 2 without sunroof, and 4 with sunroof. They are not very common, and based on Dan's info in that link, there a no new ones left to buy, unfortunately.

99-LS1-SS
08-26-2009, 05:48 AM
I know there was a MGM sold at a dealer near me (High Point NC) because I saw it on the lot one day and the next day it was gone. It's the only MGM GXP I've seen in person. Unfortunately I don't know what options it had, I was riding down the road and happened to see it.

BW G8GT
08-26-2009, 08:02 AM
Wish Pontiac could have built more than 1829 GXPs before their plug was pulled. I was considering trading my 2008 MGM GT for a MGM M6 GXP, but seems like none are left.

Just as well because I'd probably wouldn't have got much on trade in.

Big Daddy G8
08-27-2009, 04:23 AM
There are two available at Haley Pontiac in Richmond VA, but they have a 4500 mark up for the "sport pack" (read dealer markup for wax and a bug guard). These guys wont budge either, I ended up getting a PBM M6 from NC for 13k less than these "businessmen" were asking.

BD

polo
08-27-2009, 04:45 AM
There are two available at Haley Pontiac in Richmond VA, but they have a 4500 mark up for the "sport pack" (read dealer markup for wax and a bug guard). These guys wont budge either, I ended up getting a PBM M6 from NC for 13k less than these "businessmen" were asking.

BD

Good find. I do see one MGM, and one MSM there...

http://www.haleypontiac-gmc.com/new-inventory/index.htm?reset=InventoryListing#invHistory:reset= InventoryListing&inventoryView=fullview&invtype=new&SByear=clear&SBmake=clear&SBmodel=clear&SBbodystyle=clear&start=35

GR8 GXP
08-27-2009, 06:39 AM
Hey, that mark up is nothing compared to City Chevrolet in Charlotte -- they have a Corvette ZR1 with a sticker of $120K and a mark up of $40,000! yes, $40,000, so the bottom line on the sticker is $160,000. Makes your guys seem like pikers....

Supply and demand, that's the story.

GM_Fan
08-27-2009, 07:20 AM
Welcome to the site. The GXPs are selling out fast. GM could have built 3000 more and sold them all.

beach
08-28-2009, 04:40 PM

BD

Yes, if you ever wondered why this place has a selection (literally) of GXP's, even so now, this would be why;)

Omega
08-28-2009, 06:11 PM
What kind of shots are you looking for?

beach
08-28-2009, 07:05 PM
What kind of shots are you looking for?

Nice;)

glhsken
08-29-2009, 05:52 AM
I think maybe only one member actually has a Magnetic Gray GXP, Eyemuffs:

http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=7966

They're quite rare, along with Pacific Slate and Stryker Blue GXP's. Red, black, white, and silver were produced in much higher percentages, just like the GT.

Make that 2.....

Omega
08-29-2009, 12:31 PM

There is a MGM GT around the corner from my hometown too. I wonder if they are on here.

MoonPie
08-29-2009, 02:31 PM
Make that 2.....

sorry to go off topic, but what's up my brother in GXPness!!!!

beach
08-29-2009, 05:13 PM
Make that 2.....

Yes, and nice to see it;)

BDunn
08-31-2009, 06:21 PM
Here's mine:

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m49/bdunnmd/GXP/IMG00021.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m49/bdunnmd/GXP/IMG00022.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m49/bdunnmd/GXP/IMG00025.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m49/bdunnmd/GXP/IMG00020.jpg

2009.5 M6 MGM w/roof; Livernois X-Treme Tune; Roto-Fab CAI and cover

glhsken
09-05-2009, 04:30 PM
sorry to go off topic, but what's up my brother in GXPness!!!!

Way too many cars.... If there is such a thing... The Only pontiacs I own have G's and P's and X's in their badging..

Some pics of the GXP... My boxer got her mug in there... And a couple of my GLHS... Just towed it home from the paint shop today.

Skeezix
09-12-2009, 09:46 PM
One other question if I could. I've tried to buy a new GXp - they are ALL sold out. So, I have been looking at the used market. I am absolutly astounded by how many used GXPs there are. They all have between 3-10K miles on them, and they are selling for sticker. Why are there so many used GXPs on the market already? What would your projections be for the used GXP market next year @ this time. I thought by waiting until mid 2010 I'd have a good selection of used ones for $35K. However I'm not so sure. Thoughts?

Omega
09-13-2009, 07:08 AM
That's pretty cool if you can beat on a car for 10K miles and sell it for the same price you bought it for. Depreatiation my ass!!

Skeezix
09-13-2009, 07:01 PM
That's what I thought of! However, this type of mileage suggests the car was driven hard. Anybody have thoughts on this? I'm guessing the GXP was made to drive hard - like a Vette. Of course, I don't own one (YET) so I'll have to seek wisdom from you forum members.

CRW
09-23-2009, 08:01 AM
I know there was a MGM sold at a dealer near me (High Point NC) because I saw it on the lot one day and the next day it was gone. It's the only MGM GXP I've seen in person. Unfortunately I don't know what options it had, I was riding down the road and happened to see it.

It was sold to a dealer in Columbus, Ohio. Pretty miffed about that one! I had a MGM M6 lined up in Indianapolis then some trust issues with the dealer so I walked away from it. I started looking at all the other M6 MGM's left in the country and the one in High Point seemed like a good one to go after as it was a reasonable drive and the dealer was doing GMS. I called them and they had just sold it.

Then about a week later it showed up on a local lot in Columbus. They trailered it up here and slapped the front plate bracket on as soon as they got it. That dealer wanted full MSRP at the time ($2500 over now) and being GMS I wasn't paying full MSRP so I went elsewhere and got a PBM one.

As a side note I went to that dealer last night (the Columbus one) and they had 2 other GXP's from other dealers. I know they were getting all they could. I bet they've sold 15-20 or so at this point.

The Columbus dealer even had one from the dealer where I bought mine (near Dayton). The Dayton area dealer was refusing to put front plate brackets on the GXP's unless the customer bought the car and requested it (despite Ohio being a front plate state). Of course, the Columbus dealer had already slapped it on there.

<rant>
I just can't believe their short sightedness on this. They know the GXP's are hard to come by and they have to know there are only a few left. Why put front plate brackets on? I'd have to imagine at least a few of these have been sold out of state and every state that borders OH doesn't have front plates.
</rant>