Thread: Lower control arms

Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's a pic.
    Front Suspension.
    Rear Left.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4GASEM View Post
    Greg has one in stock now. I should have mine very soon... I ordered direct from Paul in AU and will replace myself.

I need to have Greg get me the left one though.

Probably go out soon too.
    My right one was replaced under warranty, but I think my left one is starting to do it now. So you might as well get it.

The guy at the dealer acted as if they were changing them on a ton of G8s.
    08 G8 GT: MagnaCharger TVS MP1900 10psi, LS9 cam, 72# injectors, Roto-Fab CAI, SLP Headers, Corsa Catback, etc.
    My Garage

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I might need it done, too. When I turn left I get what I can best describe as like a clicking feeling. Happens a few times. It can be felt more than it can be heard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by norm8332 View Post
    My right one was replaced under warranty, but I think my left one is starting to do it now. So you might as well get it.

The guy at the dealer acted as if they were changing them on a ton of G8s.
    Yeah, service manager at my dealer said that they have 2 or 3 sets of them on order, I think he said he was ordering left and right side even though I only hear the noise from the front left right now...

Yeah, this stinks. On one hand, I don't really want to drive around in the car (it's my DD, so I'm kinda screwed on that front), but he assures me it's not a safety issue. But it does seem like the noise is getting worse (starts creaking and groaning sooner, seems louder, though that could be just that it's more annoying now).

And, like I said, I really don't want to have to pay for the parts myself and find someone to do it, as the fix IS free because it's covered by warranty. That and I know I won't be keeping the car past lease end.
    2015 White Hot Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick - BTR Stage 3 cam, headers, intake *Traded 11/11/2023*
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 - 6.2L, Ultimate Pack *Turned in 4/13/2021*
    2016 Jungle Green Metallic Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick *Traded 2/1/18*
    2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa Axleback, AirAid Intake *Traded 7/7/16*
    2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT * Sold 6/10/14*

Post Thanks / Like

Add me to the list as well! Had the left side done a month ago, having the right side done once that parts come in off the boat. I was told today that the ship is in the water, just not for sure when it'll arrive. Looking at likely 3-4 weeks. Bugs the crap out of me because it rattles and has a moaning noise along with it.
    2009 Stryker Blue G8 GT
    Mods Completed So Far:
    Custom Painted Engine Cover - Auto Dimming Mirror
    Pypes Axel-Back Exhaust - DDM 55W 6000K HID's
    VLED Backup LED's - Holden V8 Badges - Stubby Antenna
    Homelink Opener in Visor - Vararam OTR Intake - TSS Atari Plaque
    UPR Catch Can - GXP Diffuser - JettStream HSRK & Vararam Coupler

Contact me via PM if you are interested in a Homelink Visor!

Post Thanks / Like

I was griping about not being able to go to the track because of both of my control arms waiting to be replaced. I spoke to the guy today and he said that best estimate from gm when he called me back was they will receive the parts on the 18th, and he would get them within a week from then. So no track for me on the 21st.

On a side note, this guy says to me he thinks he knows why they might be on national backorder. So i wait to here this brilliant idea. He says well they stopped production of the g8 because of pontiac going down...yeah yeah ok....so...Well they're ramping up production again because the g8 is going to be the new impala....rrrrrright ok thanks for checking on the parts, have a good day...lol
    2008 G8 GT Panther Black Metallic - Premium and Sport package
    - No Longer with me

2011 Kia Optima EX Premium Package
    Blasphemous

Post Thanks / Like

Is not the G8 suspension the same as the Commodore, the Vauxhall, the Buick Park Ave and the Chevy Caprice? And are not these cars still in production? So are these models having the same problem as well? And BTW, if one side goes out, is it safe to say the other side will not be far behind? And could someone please let me know the difference between the BMR and factory part. Thanks.
    Old Retiree in a Infiniti

Current Car - Infiniti M37S
    Former G8 -V6 Owner (Yes, I am still kicking myself)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Panzer Leader View Post
    Is not the G8 suspension the same as the Commodore, the Vauxhall, the Buick Park Ave and the Chevy Caprice? And are not these cars still in production? So are these models having the same problem as well? And BTW, if one side goes out, is it safe to say the other side will not be far behind? And could someone please let me know the difference between the BMR and factory part. Thanks.
    Yes, these parts should be readily available in Australia, but it seems that GM did not have Holden ship enough spare parts to the States for warranty and replacement. So, it looks like we need to wait for the Holden factory to churn out a shipment for us and get it on the slow boat to California.

Sigh, I suppose I should have seen this coming buying a "Domestic Import"...
    2015 White Hot Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick - BTR Stage 3 cam, headers, intake *Traded 11/11/2023*
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 - 6.2L, Ultimate Pack *Turned in 4/13/2021*
    2016 Jungle Green Metallic Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick *Traded 2/1/18*
    2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa Axleback, AirAid Intake *Traded 7/7/16*
    2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT * Sold 6/10/14*

Post Thanks / Like

These are definitely defective. What a pain. I would drive it anyways, I drove mine for a month with the clunking going on.
    08 G8 GT: MagnaCharger TVS MP1900 10psi, LS9 cam, 72# injectors, Roto-Fab CAI, SLP Headers, Corsa Catback, etc.
    My Garage

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What are you guys that are ordering these on your own paying for them anyway?

Also, will a bushing replacement suffice or does the whole thing need to be replaced?
    Last edited by dandragonrage; 08-13-2009 at 08:28 PM.