Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pedders Front Tower Strut Brace

Post Thanks / Like

Had mine installed by local Pedder dealer, Ed and Ray are correct about the bolts and spacers..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [B]09 Liquid Red/Sport/Premium
    "A few things changed"
    Best 1/4ET 12.15@116.73...in need of DR's bad..

Post Thanks / Like

so I need to take the car in to have this done I take it?
    2009 Panther Black Metallic "The Black Rat"
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

Patrick Guerra's Tune July 12, 2010: 345 HP, 355 Torque on 87 Octane
    Patrick's & Kurt's install of Kooks Long tubes 1 7/8" w/Corsa Connection Pipes
    11-3-10: 362 rwhp, 372 Torque and updated engine and transmission tune.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.
    Sounds so GRRRR8 BECAUSE RACE CAR

7-1-14 Brembo Front Brake upgrade & Bohnam Front Splitter installed Curt here

Post Thanks / Like

Me as a fabricator would look at it an see if you can use a blind nut in the bolt holes.
    What a blind nut is is a sort of threaded rivet looking thing or a press nut that you pop into the hole and crimp it in place with the crimp tool. It's basically a bolt and nut that you squeeze it and it crimps in the hole.
    This will eliminate the hardware on the other side.

Also these hinged style strut bars are not that beneficial. Yes the prevent the towers from moving towards or away from. Each other but they still move side to side together.
    The bmr will help that problem more.
    To me this looks like a good start to make it better. If you add a link from the strut to the firewall in each side it will make a world of difference. But you need a bracket and a stiff point on the fire wall. Also need to ask yourself if it's worth it and if you really need it.

Look into the blind nuts tho. I think they will be an improvement in this install.
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BuildItYourSelf View Post
    Me as a fabricator would look at it an see if you can use a blind nut in the bolt holes.
    What a blind nut is is a sort of threaded rivet looking thing or a press nut that you pop into the hole and crimp it in place with the crimp tool. It's basically a bolt and nut that you squeeze it and it crimps in the hole.
    This will eliminate the hardware on the other side.

Also these hinged style strut bars are not that beneficial. Yes the prevent the towers from moving towards or away from. Each other but they still move side to side together.
    The bmr will help that problem more.
    To me this looks like a good start to make it better. If you add a link from the strut to the firewall in each side it will make a world of difference. But you need a bracket and a stiff point on the fire wall. Also need to ask yourself if it's worth it and if you really need it.

Look into the blind nuts tho. I think they will be an improvement in this install.
    Thanks, where would I go for those Blind Nuts?
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.

Post Thanks / Like

Most your hardware stores will have them. But it's cheaper to find them online.
    Make sure there is enough room on the other side if you choose to use them.
    The only problem I can see using these is if they come loose and move around they will damage the sheet metal more then a regular bolt and nut.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-rivet-nuts/=wmi5xv

https://youtu.be/dkPhGIaPCVs
    Last edited by BuildItYourSelf; 04-05-2015 at 02:10 PM.
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885

Post Thanks / Like

I found a shop in town that installs pedders goodies and I might call them this week to see how much it would be to do a install.
    Would I need to do a alignment after install?

Post Thanks / Like

Well it depends on if the unbolt the strut or not.
    If they just have to drop it out of the bucket and it goes right back it you don't.
    If they unbolt the strut then yes I would.
    You could put it back up against the adjustment bt and call it good but I personally wouldn't do that if I had expensive tires.
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885

Post Thanks / Like

OK I'll call them and maybe go by to check them out

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texn884 View Post
    I found a shop in town that installs pedders goodies and I might call them this week to see how much it would be to do a install.
    Would I need to do a alignment after install?
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the shop will say yes, it needs aligned. LOL

Like I said before, place the spacers in the shock tower. drill a hole for the bolts that you received. The guy who did mine, undid the top of the strut and lifted the car so he could get his hands in there to place the bolt. A very resourceful person could encapsulates the threads and pull it through the drilled holes. Not easy, but possible. I'd have the Pedders dealer do it.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ray- View Post
    I'd have the Pedders dealer do it.
    +1
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back