Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 778 of 1304 FirstFirst ... 2786787287687767777787797807888288781278 ... LastLast
Results 7,771 to 7,780 of 13033

Thread: What did you do to your G8 today?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by STL_G8GT View Post
    No!
    I think so.... With all the stuff I blow.. I think I should be a hooker... at least I would get paid for it...

After the track on Friday night I was driving from the track and just stopped real quick to check the car and saw coolant overflowing out the overflow tank... I turned car off and then back on and then it stopped... hasnt leaked since.... Weird is that I was thinking it was when I was in high boost that maybe got air into the coolant thru the gasket but wasnt even when I was in boost... it was just when I was leaving the track after 2 hours after I ran... hasnt leaked in last two days... think I have to do a compression test to see... but hell that takes 3 hours to get all the crap off so I can check it..
    hopefully its nothing but think its the gasket...
    2009 G8 GT; F1x procharger on Supercharger store direct drive system; 430cuin LSX; E85; 9" rear; DSS once pc driveshaft; 4L80
    9.2@151.... fastest and heaviest G8 known to man.... ...

Post Thanks / Like

Siting in Edmonton waiting for flyball got here a bit early lol. Some pics from yesterday's detail

2009 sport red v6
    -helo rims
    -k&n intake
    -solo axle back
    -Overkill tune

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8chick View Post
    Siting in Edmonton waiting for flyball got here a bit early lol. Some pics from yesterday's detail

So lucky!
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gr8lover View Post
    I think so.... With all the stuff I blow.. I think I should be a hooker... at least I would get paid for it...

After the track on Friday night I was driving from the track and just stopped real quick to check the car and saw coolant overflowing out the overflow tank... I turned car off and then back on and then it stopped... hasnt leaked since.... Weird is that I was thinking it was when I was in high boost that maybe got air into the coolant thru the gasket but wasnt even when I was in boost... it was just when I was leaving the track after 2 hours after I ran... hasnt leaked in last two days... think I have to do a compression test to see... but hell that takes 3 hours to get all the crap off so I can check it..
    hopefully its nothing but think its the gasket...
    How'd it run at least?
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

Big maintenance day today. Replaced both front LCA and Radius Rod's with parts from Pace Performance and BMR Suspension. Installed Pedders Caster kit and moved the endlinks on my BMR Front Swaybar to the most aggressive hole.

I will say I hate the LCA ball joint, as it is a PITA!!
    2008 White G8 GT
    Kooks 1 7/8 Long Tube Headers, Kooks Catted X-Pipe, Kooks Catback Exhaust with single 3" tips, SLP UDP, Volant CAI & AMSOIL filter, BMR stuff
    351hp / 370tq via Dynojet (Before 2012 changes)
    2012 changes - Yank Converter, DSS 1 piece Driveshaft, Forgestar F14 Staggered

AMSOIL

Post Thanks / Like

Went around with blue painters tape and marked every hail dent, rock chip, paint flaw ( looks like sap but will not clay bar out)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

Phoned the dealer and convinced them to order the revised motor mounts. Appt for June 21 if they come in. None in canada, coming from down south.
    09 GT PBM Base,6K HID's and relay harness, Homelink in visor, sport pedals, GXP rear valance, Pontiac trunk liner
    Infinity's in doors, Kickers on Deck powered by EXILE and 16OHM center spkr, 40' of dynamat, Weathertech floor liners
    20" Rial Porto's with 245R35 front and 275R30 rear Sumutimo HTRIII's and CTS-V Brembo calipers with DBA Rotors and SS lines.
    Pedders GSR struts with OEM height Sport Ryder Springs and SuperPro bushings. DOD deleted.
    Solo HFC's with Mach Balanced w/J pipes and resonators + 3.5" tips, Harrop Enhanced Performance with EPS custom cam
    Tuned by Patrick G. and cooled by B&M
    "Jack"
    winter 2015 mods....TBD

New DD 2013 Buick Regal GS, Diamond White, IPF Tuned...

Post Thanks / Like

Oil change at the dealer. I questioned the quantity after seeing 6 QTS on the receipt. Mechanic and service manager said it took 6 QTS. Parts manager chimed in with the correct answer of 8.
    Another reason for me to start changing my own oil.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2009.1 Liquid Red GT Premium/Sport w/Sunroof
    Front Plate Delete, Bass mod, Partial Debadge, Cargo Liner & Weathertech Digitalfit floor mats,
    Pat G Tune, GTPprix's Atari Gauge Mod & OEM Bluetooth & VIM, Leather sliding center console cover, Pace Performance Jack Kit and full size spare, Rotofab CAI and rad cover, Mobil 1 Oil cap, GXP axlebacks.

1 of 2717

Post Thanks / Like

Did a quick vacuum in preparation for this, almost 20 cars so far!!! That's huge for up here.

Also booked a lapping day for May 24th at Calabogie, and am still trying to decide what to do with myself when I get to Nurburgring this summer. Give advice here ;-)
    R.I.P. Charlie. We are all here because of you

"I have dreamed a dream, and now that dream has gone from me" - Morpheus of the Nebuchadnezzar, and Grant of I12XLR8.

'Luskville is a cool experience, Calabogie is incredible, Mosport is life altering'

Post Thanks / Like

Got my GXP diffuser and installed it last night.

Also Clay barred and waxed it Sunday. Cleaner than when I got it. Full interior detail as well.

Full album is here with high-res. photo.warpfactor10.com/thumbnails.php?album=61
    2015 Chevy SS, Sunroof, M6, No Spare, Perfect Blue Metallic
    Appearance: Complete LED conversion, 6000K HID Bulb Swap, Holden Front and Rear Badges
    Electronics: A119S DashCam with Hide-a-fuse
    Go Stuff: Custom DiabLew 93 Octane Tune,
    Stop: Hawk Ceramic Pads
    Wheels: (Winter)ModaBlack w/ 245/55/18 Michelin XICE3. (Summer)Stock 19" Rims, Michelin Pilot Sports 4S

Gone But not Forgotten:
    2009 Sport Red Metallic G8 GT, Premium Package
    2005 Cyclone Gray Metallic GTO, M6
    2006 Stealth Gray Metallic G6 GTP
    2003 Sans Gold Metallic Sunfire