Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 776 of 1304 FirstFirst ... 2766767267667747757767777787868268761276 ... LastLast
Results 7,751 to 7,760 of 13033

Thread: What did you do to your G8 today?

Post Thanks / Like

A couple things tonight.

First, I'd noticed lately that I'd been getting a bit more IRS wag-a-butt - toe change in the rear wheels over bumps resulting in the feeling of "wag" in the rear - than I had gotten previously from the car, and I wasn't sure why. It's still running the track alignment set up end of February, and I needed to get that changed to stop wearing the tires. Appointment was made for this Thursday, and I'm trying a new shop, nice and close to home. Like, a mile away, which is nice. So we'll see how that goes.

But before then, I wanted to tweak the ride height slightly. It'd been sitting at about 24 1/8" up front, measured from bottom lip of wheel to bottom lip of fender, and 23 7/8" - ~24" in back. I thought maybe bumping it up just a smidge might help get the rear toe rods more centered in their arcs, though they were pretty much dead level when the car was just sitting. Either way, I did the tweaking, guesstimated it just about perfectly, and the car now sits at roughly 24 1/8" all around, like so:

I'd noticed I'd also been getting a bit more clunking from the rear end of late when clutching out. While I had the car up, I decided to press on the diff, see if it was tight and... unfortunately, it appears that the BMR poly pro bushing in the rearmost mount of the diff has voided a bit. So I'll need to get in touch with Kyle, get his opinion. I'm not particularly looking forward to having to drop the diff to replace them.

Finally, the calipers still need rebuilding. It seems this'll be the summer of a bit o' maintenance!

I did drive it tonight, partially to get a feel for the wag-a-butt after the height tweak and also just for the heckuvit. No wag-a-butt when covering old ground, but the car does still feel nice and loose, but willing to play. Engine revs freely. Still feels good. It just doesn't feel like a 4000 lb car.
    Last edited by Eidolon; 04-30-2013 at 06:56 PM.
    2009 Liquid Red O/R M6 G8 GXP - Nickname: "The Yak"
    Bought 5/21/2009, Sold 5/2/2015. Will be missed!

Daily Driver: 2013 Ford Focus ST
    Hauler: 2005 Ford Excursion Powerstroke

Post Thanks / Like

Wash yesterday. The paint is a mess from the long winter. Clay Adams and PC will be good as new soon
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

Finally able to drive it today for the first time with the new offroad mids.....I love it, but the wifey not so much!!
    06 GTO- Sold
    08 GT MGM- Cam, Heads, Intake, TB, UDP, and Tune by G8-4-Speed. Kooks, 2800 stall, 3.27 gears, VMR 19"

Post Thanks / Like

Did a hand wash/polish/wax yesterday and a waterless away today and my rear rotors/pads (DBA/hawk combo from Maryland speed...did fronts a few weeks back)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    2008 Liquid Red G8 GT #825
    Rotofab, Solo Axle back, GXP diffuser and some other cosmetic stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

I was going to switch the rims out but the dealer said that the front caliper is now hitting the rim - any ideas

Post Thanks / Like

Finally got this in the mail.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Semperfire View Post
    Finally got this in the mail.

Sweet!
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaGT View Post
    I was going to switch the rims out but the dealer said that the front caliper is now hitting the rim - any ideas
    5MM Spacer?
    Trigger
    My Fully Loaded 08 Stealth Blue Pontiac G8 GT

There's always someone faster,
    they just don't look as good lol
    Rotofab/Cortex/BMR/Pedders/VMR/Adams/Brakes/OBX/Nitto

PRAISE THE LOWERED

Post Thanks / Like

Finally put the Camaro 20's on today, and found all of my Pontiac center caps from last fall. I forget how those 275/30's on the back feel over NYS potholes.

Post Thanks / Like

I finally bought the Bluetooth/Onstar module I have wanted since I bought my 2009 PBM GT. Now I need to get it programed.