Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 738 of 1304 FirstFirst ... 2386386887287367377387397407487888381238 ... LastLast
Results 7,371 to 7,380 of 13033

Thread: What did you do to your G8 today?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hartigan85 View Post
    I just installed the ZL1 pump in mine yesterday and the fuel like kicked my ass as well. lol. After 20 mins of fuckin with it I decided to squeezed the clips with one hand and use a very small pry par under the fitting to push it up. With a little pressure on the pry bar I felt it pop off the fuel pump nipple. Be warned though if you don't relieve the pressure on the line first you will have a lot of fuel come out of the line. Ask me how I know. haha.

Also when I got done with the install my fuel needle read 1 bar higher then before the install. I didn't modify the float on the ZL1 pump since it sits the same height as the stock pump. I am gonna be nervous about running the tank below a quarter now.
    I was just planning on dealing with the extra fuel coming out of the line, but just for the sake of argument, how would I relieve the pressure? Up at the fuel rail?

09 G8 GXP M6 - TVS 2300, Solo HFCs, New Era CAI, LSR shifter, Russell SS brake lines, Pedders subframe bushings/front strut bushings, ZL1 pump, tuned by Reckart Performance Tuning, GForce axles, Hurst line-lock
    CAI - 358 rwhp 364 rwtq (Dynapack hub dyno) ; 13.76 @ 104.7mph (~2800 ft DA)
    2300/HFCs - 516 rwhp 501 rwtq (Dynapack hub dyno) ; 12.71 @ 111.4mph (~1500 ft DA and likely a slipping clutch)

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah relieve it at the rails by holding a rag over the schrader valve and pushing a small screwdriver in it.
    Atmospheric Acquisition

Sydney - 2009 G8 GT - Liquid Red, Onyx/Red interior, Flat Black Rally Stripes
    Performance: Tuned By Me Using HP Tuners, TMS Forged 402, Ported LSA Supercharger 2.5/9.5, AIS Dual Nozzle Water/Methanol Kit, Super Chiller, ID850 Injectors, Rick C. Blower Cam, Morel Lifters, Comp Trunion Upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks 1 7/8 Mids, Solo Mach Shorty Exhaust w/ 3.5" tips, CTS-V Torque Converter, Camaro 3.45 Diff, 6 Piston Front/4 Piston Rear Brembo Brakes, ZL1 Fuel Pump/BAP, Saikou Michi Dual Catch Cans, Spohn Trailing Arms & Toe Links, BMR Cradle & Diff Bushings, Derale Trans Cooler, SJM Line Lock.

Pictures

Post Thanks / Like

I drove to work this morning and all the dash lights worked
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LS1_Disciple View Post
    I was just planning on dealing with the extra fuel coming out of the line, but just for the sake of argument, how would I relieve the pressure? Up at the fuel rail?
    Pull the fuse in the inside panel by left leg. Start the car.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

GM Customer Service GM Customer Service's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by travis gore View Post
    while driving last night I had the radio working but no display. The lights around the radio were going off and on. After leaving my destination the radio display came back on but lost the dash lights.
    We apologize for the frustrations. Have you had a chance to get over to the dealership for a diagnosis? Please let us know what you decide to do. We are here at your convenience.

Brandon
    GM Customer Service
    Available 8:00am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday

Check Out the New Owner Center!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SRG963 View Post
    Yup
    What tune did you go with?
    jspayne66
    2009 Liquid Red G8 GT - Sport & Premium, Mod's

Post Thanks / Like

I'm running Cortex Roto91 for now....but have a few things I'm planning, and in a few months will have Rick Crawford tune and wrench on her.
    Last edited by SRG963; 02-25-2013 at 04:47 PM.
    Trigger
    My Fully Loaded 08 Stealth Blue Pontiac G8 GT

There's always someone faster,
    they just don't look as good lol
    Rotofab/Cortex/BMR/Pedders/VMR/Adams/Brakes/OBX/Nitto

PRAISE THE LOWERED

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GM Customer Service View Post
    We apologize for the frustrations. Have you had a chance to get over to the dealership for a diagnosis? Please let us know what you decide to do. We are here at your convenience.

Brandon
    GM Customer Service
    Thanks but I can't take it to the dealership with an intermittent problem. We both know they can't diagnose/fix when it is working. I have a great dealership that I go to. I will take it in when it does it more often. This was the first problem in almost 4 years. I will send an email to the service manager.
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

Noticed on the way home from work that my boney elbow has worked away at the leather on the door arm rest and there is now a crack in the leather ;-(

Anyone know if it can be replaced independent of the door skin? Easy to do?

Things like this were never a problem when I didn't care about my cars so much ;-P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    R.I.P. Charlie. We are all here because of you

"I have dreamed a dream, and now that dream has gone from me" - Morpheus of the Nebuchadnezzar, and Grant of I12XLR8.

'Luskville is a cool experience, Calabogie is incredible, Mosport is life altering'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8 Ray View Post
    Pull the fuse in the inside panel by left leg. Start the car.
    Cool, Ray. I'll do it this way since there's a FP gauge hooked up where my schrader valve used to be. Though since I've already exposed the pump, wouldn't just unplugging the electrical connection at the pump accomplish the same thing as pulling the fuse?

09 G8 GXP M6 - TVS 2300, Solo HFCs, New Era CAI, LSR shifter, Russell SS brake lines, Pedders subframe bushings/front strut bushings, ZL1 pump, tuned by Reckart Performance Tuning, GForce axles, Hurst line-lock
    CAI - 358 rwhp 364 rwtq (Dynapack hub dyno) ; 13.76 @ 104.7mph (~2800 ft DA)
    2300/HFCs - 516 rwhp 501 rwtq (Dynapack hub dyno) ; 12.71 @ 111.4mph (~1500 ft DA and likely a slipping clutch)