Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 731 of 1304 FirstFirst ... 2316316817217297307317327337417818311231 ... LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,310 of 13033

Thread: What did you do to your G8 today?

Post Thanks / Like

and is that the fo manual boot on an auto? i have been thinkin about doin that.. where did you get your parts for it?
    "Dear Information Technology Gods of the Universe"
    2008 hot white G8 GT (D1SC Procharger 8 psi, 4 core FMIC, New Era Performance Custom Lunati Cam, Fast time Motorworks built Heads, ZL1 Fuel pump Pacesetter Long Tube Headers, Solo Mach Exhaust)
    2003 silverado LS street(sold)
    1993 granatelli signature series z28 Camaro (sold :-( )
    2006 vista blue mustang GT (Sold)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just joined the forum

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeInNePa View Post
    lol

The car only lasted two model years.

I think Crazy Paul will be sending parts from Oz, more and more in the future...

I haven't done anything today, but yesterday I swapped the intake and TB for the ported set from Fasterproms.
    I got home from Scranton, PA. couple days ago. I bought a Base model G8 last May Ive added Flow Masters Tinted windows drilled&slotted rotors K&N cool air, for V6 it dose run real good Have a Good day, Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2lazy4agoodname View Post
    Nice upgrades! How hard was it to install the strut brace?
    Thanks. Yea ermagerd. The passenger side was a real b****. You have to pop the ABS module up a inch or two, all you can go because of the lines going into it. Then you have to slip two bolts in under it and thread them into a small plate with threaded holes in it underneither is. VERY little room. Took me near 20 minutes to get the threads started by hand because of the small space. Then socking them down was a pain. One i could use a socket on, the other wrench like 1/8 turn at a time. Then the two bolts that hold down the ABS unit I had to use a socket for to, one click at a time like 1/10th of the turn of a bolt. Got it all on then realized I couldnt take the FRC cover off with it on. And the damn thing rubs on the bar on the passenger side. Have a piece of rubber on it for now zip tied to the bar. Will have to cut the FRC covers or take them off at some point.
    2015 Chevy SS, Sunroof, M6, No Spare, Perfect Blue Metallic
    Appearance: Complete LED conversion, 6000K HID Bulb Swap, Holden Front and Rear Badges
    Electronics: A119S DashCam with Hide-a-fuse
    Go Stuff: Custom DiabLew 93 Octane Tune,
    Stop: Hawk Ceramic Pads
    Wheels: (Winter)ModaBlack w/ 245/55/18 Michelin XICE3. (Summer)Stock 19" Rims, Michelin Pilot Sports 4S

Gone But not Forgotten:
    2009 Sport Red Metallic G8 GT, Premium Package
    2005 Cyclone Gray Metallic GTO, M6
    2006 Stealth Gray Metallic G6 GTP
    2003 Sans Gold Metallic Sunfire

Post Thanks / Like

Just bought my wife a 2008 red g8 gt. she loves it! Mainly because we can actually hear each other talk lol. Nice having two g8s in the garage!

Sent from my FBI Surveillance Van
    2009 Hot White G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium
    Show: Tint 25%-F 15%-R, Billet grill inserts, rockford fosgate audio, gxp diffuser, eibach pro springs,

Go: Kooks 1 7/8 LT w/catted x-pipe, SLP loudmouf Axle Backs, BMR subframe connectors, bmr tunnel trace, BMR trailing arms w/ bushings, BMR adjustable toe rods, BMR adjustable control arms, billet prototype catchcan, Yanks 3200 stall, L92 Stage 2 heads, thunderracing custom cam 223/235 .610/.620 on a 115 LSA, Kenne bell BAP, magnacharger TVS 2300 w/ rotofab cai, Tuned by 21st Centurty Muscle Cars

Murk...or be Murked! Protect Your Chest!

Post Thanks / Like

I got tired of waiting for a used RotoFab radiator cover to come up for sale. Got a piece of leftover .050 aluminum
    from a buddy's project and made my own.
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

Post Thanks / Like

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361050386.986487.jpg

Sent from my FBI Surveillance Van
    2009 Hot White G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium
    Show: Tint 25%-F 15%-R, Billet grill inserts, rockford fosgate audio, gxp diffuser, eibach pro springs,

Go: Kooks 1 7/8 LT w/catted x-pipe, SLP loudmouf Axle Backs, BMR subframe connectors, bmr tunnel trace, BMR trailing arms w/ bushings, BMR adjustable toe rods, BMR adjustable control arms, billet prototype catchcan, Yanks 3200 stall, L92 Stage 2 heads, thunderracing custom cam 223/235 .610/.620 on a 115 LSA, Kenne bell BAP, magnacharger TVS 2300 w/ rotofab cai, Tuned by 21st Centurty Muscle Cars

Murk...or be Murked! Protect Your Chest!

Another stock mustang wnt2gofst's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

uploadfromtaptalk1361058297213.jpg

from the famous tapatalk
    2014 Harley Davidson Street Bob-Vance and Hines Short Shot staggered.

2013 F150 Ecoboost- Loaded and stock.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8 Ray View Post
    Then I can call Mike the powder coater and get them the correct color.
    Need DBA rotors to finish it off now. as soon as I figure out which ones I need. LOL
    What color you goin' with? Or, if you're going to leave us hanging, make darn sure to post up pics once they're on!
    And you probably already know, but just in case, if you're going with Andy's rear end brackets, then you can basically select "Camaro SS (2010+)" on any website when picking rotors and pads. Fitment is the same between the two for both front and rear.

As for me, as part of getting it ready for next weekend's HPDE, I took the G8 in for an alignment this past Thursday. With the SuperCar coilovers, initially they could only get 1.9 and 1.7 degrees camber left and right outta the front. After a bit of grinding, recommended by both the shop and Rob@Wretched, I can now get up to 4 degrees if I need it. So I can now finally achieve the track alignment specs recommended by Pedders: 2.5 degrees up front and 2.0 degrees out back. Caster is uneven up front, however. So I need either some K-Mac adjustable strut tower bushings, some Pedders caster eccentrics, or both.

Also had a bit of a scare at the shop. I went out to see them taking apart the right front suspension and at least a fair portion of the weight of the knuckle hanging on my Russell stainless brake cable because they hadn't unhooked it from the coilover. Bad, obviously. I lifted it up to let them unhook it, then I let it down and forgot about the wheel speed cable and THAT got a good tug. So then I unhooked that, then left them to it to finish that side and do the other entirely. They got the car all back together and... ABS fault message on the DIC. Crap. I figured that right front wheel speed sensor harness had an internal break.

So on Thursday night I started it again: no code. Put it up, inspected the brake lines. No tears, fraying, leaks, anything. So I believe they're good. Checked the rear wheel speed connectors to make sure they were seated, then removed and tested the front wheel speed harnesses on both sides and they tested clean. No breaks.

So I grabbed my air compressor and blew all the remaining metal bits from the grinding on the coilovers off the car and out of the connectors. I was texting back and forth with the guy from the shop during this, which was good of him. The working theory, since the code went away, was that metal dust from the grinding was somehow shorting out the wheel speed connectors. Took it for a quick drive, no code and the ABS works. Driving it off and on all day Friday, the code never came back so... We'll see. I'll keep an eye on it.

I'm pondering getting insurance for my up-and-coming HPDE next weekend, however. Both because the coilovers will change the way the car moves on track in a pretty dramatic way, and also because I'm not sure how much I trust that right front brake line. It's about $250 for single-event insurance, though.
    Last edited by Eidolon; 02-16-2013 at 05:24 PM.
    2009 Liquid Red O/R M6 G8 GXP - Nickname: "The Yak"
    Bought 5/21/2009, Sold 5/2/2015. Will be missed!

Daily Driver: 2013 Ford Focus ST
    Hauler: 2005 Ford Excursion Powerstroke

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    What color you goin' with? Or, if you're going to leave us hanging, make darn sure to post up pics once they're on!
    And you probably already know, but just in case, if you're going with Andy's rear end brackets, then you can basically select "Camaro SS (2010+)" on any website when picking rotors and pads. Fitment is the same between the two for both front and rear.

As for me, as part of getting it ready for next weekend's HPDE, I took the G8 in for an alignment this past Thursday. With the SuperCar coilovers, initially they could only get 1.9 and 1.7 degrees camber left and right outta the front. After a bit of grinding, recommended by both the shop and Rob@Wretched, I can now get up to 4 degrees if I need it. So I can now finally achieve the track alignment specs recommended by Pedders: 2.5 degrees up front and 2.0 degrees out back. Caster is uneven up front, however. So I need either some K-Mac adjustable strut tower bushings, some Pedders caster eccentrics, or both.

Also had a bit of a scare at the shop. I went out to see them taking apart the right front suspension and at least a fair portion of the weight of the knuckle hanging on my Russell stainless brake cable because they hadn't unhooked it from the coilover. Bad, obviously. I lifted it up to let them unhook it, then I let it down and forgot about the wheel speed cable and THAT got a good tug. So then I unhooked that, then left them to it to finish that side and do the other entirely. They got the car all back together and... ABS fault message on the DIC. Crap. I figured that right front wheel speed sensor harness had an internal break.

So on Thursday night I started it again: no code. Put it up, inspected the brake lines. No tears, fraying, leaks, anything. So I believe they're good. Checked the rear wheel speed connectors to make sure they were seated, then removed and tested the front wheel speed harnesses on both sides and they tested clean. No breaks.

So I grabbed my air compressor and blew all the remaining metal bits from the grinding on the coilovers off the car and out of the connectors. I was texting back and forth with the guy from the shop during this, which was good of him. The working theory, since the code went away, was that metal dust from the grinding was somehow shorting out the wheel speed connectors. Took it for a quick drive, no code and the ABS works. Driving it off and on all day Friday, the code never came back so... We'll see. I'll keep an eye on it.

I'm pondering getting insurance for my up-and-coming HPDE next weekend, however. Both because the coilovers will change the way the car moves on track in a pretty dramatic way, and also because I'm not sure how much I trust that right front brake line. It's about $250 for single-event insurance, though.
    Better safe than sorry. I'd go ahead, you are already obviously thinking about it, so it's a no brainer to just do it for peace of mind.
    2019 Volkswagen GTI Rabbit
    2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT

Post Thanks / Like

Semperfire where did the rear window shade come from? Did you have to paint yours?
    White Hot '09 G8 GT, Prem/Sport, No Roof

Current: Pypes Violators, Magnaflow 12468 "Drone Killer" in midpipe, Spectre CAI, Cortex, UPR Catch Can, VG Sharkfin, LEDs, Smoked Bumper Lenses, Morimoto 4300K HIDs, V6 Tails, Redline Armrest Cover, Rear Aux Cables, Autodim Mirror, Pontiac Trunk Mat

Future: Window Tint, Headers, Cam?