Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1157 of 1304 FirstFirst ... 15765710571107114711551156115711581159116712071257 ... LastLast
Results 11,561 to 11,570 of 13033

Thread: What did you do to your G8 today?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
    Used it to lower the SC raccoon population by 1 at 4:15 AM on I-26 doing about 78 mph. R/F, along with the raccoon, is destroyed. Too dark to know full damage but the bumper ripped from the headlight through the lower grille. Limped back to the house, got the Impala, looked for the remains, was going to give him 1 more shot, and didn't even see a damp spot on the highway... ??? Plus side get to lose the frt plate bracket and get that re-paint of the bumper I've been debating.
    Thant sucks for sure Ive come close to hitting many deer among other critters
    2009 Panther Black Metallic "The Black Rat"
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

Patrick Guerra's Tune July 12, 2010: 345 HP, 355 Torque on 87 Octane
    Patrick's & Kurt's install of Kooks Long tubes 1 7/8" w/Corsa Connection Pipes
    11-3-10: 362 rwhp, 372 Torque and updated engine and transmission tune.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.
    Sounds so GRRRR8 BECAUSE RACE CAR

7-1-14 Brembo Front Brake upgrade & Bohnam Front Splitter installed Curt here

Post Thanks / Like

The Rat turned over 150,000 miles last Friday
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.

3. Likes MongosG8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texn884 View Post
    Thant sucks for sure Ive come close to hitting many deer among other critters
    Had a deer run into the side of the car about a year ago. 25 years of driving without 1 animal incident and now in less then 1 year I've had 3. Deer running into car replaced fender and it's supporting players. Swerved and clipped a deer carcass on a dark highway, no damage just poop & blood splatter . And now raccoon. at least frt bumper grille, fog, R/ fender liner and their supporting cast of characters. At least it's only metal and plastic no innocents were injured. Thinking of naming the car "Animal Magnetism"
    --Brian--

2009 Pontiac G8 GT
    2008 Chevy Impala SS--Traded 4/1/2021
    2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus
    2001 GMC Sierra

GODSPEED CHARLIE!!! R.I.P.

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Lots of deer recently driving up the Taconic Parkway in Eastern NY but scariest deer incident ever for me was on I-87 (NY Thruway) which is fenced its entire length but deer get in anyway. Dark, deer standing sideways in my lane, but because traffic is 70+ and low beams only, could only react by flinging the G8 into the adjacent lane. Good thing I was aware there were no other cars near me. The toss was so quick/violent I said (to the wife) did I hit it? If I wasn't driving the G8, probably would have lost control, hit the deer or both.

Question - Should I drive I-87 or the Parkway during deer season? I-87 has a lot less deer on it but the incident involved several luck factors in my favor, no traffic near me, quick driver reaction, dry roadway, G8 handling. On the Parkway factors in my favor are no traffic, usually can run hi-beams, and speed is under 65 mph (due to speed traps).

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends on what part of Taconic. I used to commute from Wappingers Falls to Yorktown Heights for many years. Scenic parkway, curbs, crossroads morphed into 70mph expressway with no improvements was gangs of fun. Over about 10yrs, few deer hit observed - but did see a car off the ground in a tree. If north of 84, I suspect more deer activity and would stay on 87.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatNext View Post
    Lots of deer recently driving up the Taconic Parkway in Eastern NY but scariest deer incident ever for me was on I-87 (NY Thruway) which is fenced its entire length but deer get in anyway. Dark, deer standing sideways in my lane, but because traffic is 70+ and low beams only, could only react by flinging the G8 into the adjacent lane. Good thing I was aware there were no other cars near me. The toss was so quick/violent I said (to the wife) did I hit it? If I wasn't driving the G8, probably would have lost control, hit the deer or both.

Question - Should I drive I-87 or the Parkway during deer season? I-87 has a lot less deer on it but the incident involved several luck factors in my favor, no traffic near me, quick driver reaction, dry roadway, G8 handling. On the Parkway factors in my favor are no traffic, usually can run hi-beams, and speed is under 65 mph (due to speed traps).
    Last edited by jcmGT; 10-25-2016 at 04:46 PM.
    9.5 RPM (Red Passion Metallic)
    Sport /Premium
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"-Red Green

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I drive the entire length of the Taconic from Albany down to NYC. Yeah the deer are mostly in the upper half.

OK, I made up my mind. This time of the year, if its dark, I gonna stay off the Taconic and go via 87.

Post Thanks / Like

The Rat turned over 150,000 miles last Friday
    That called for one so I did.
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

9. Likes MongosG8, STL_G8GT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tchr49 View Post
    That called for one so I did.
    Natty Lights for all, lol

11. Likes MongosG8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Natty Lights for all, lol
    Patiently waits by the mail box.

Dies of sun stroke.

Seriously... 75 deg at 8000ft elevation today... What in the world. This is NOT late October weather.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by STL_G8GT View Post
    Patiently waits by the mail box.

Dies of sun stroke.

Seriously... 75 deg at 8000ft elevation today... What in the world. This is NOT late October weather.
    Take it and run!!
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

14. Likes MongosG8 liked this post