Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: cat delete pipe??

Post Thanks / Like

Default cat delete pipe??

anyone make one that you can just drop the cats and bolt the pipes in place??

Just ordered a vms tune and had the downstream O2's turned off. Thinking of getting the jba shorty headers then putting a cat delete pipe in. I want it to bolt right up,so if I have to take it in for warranty..I can put the cats back in and also put the stock ecm back in.

I gonna leave the stock mid section alone..I also have exhaust cutouts sitting here just waiting.

I did a search but found nothing...thanks....
    gone but not forgotten
    1.698 60' 11.946@113.66 BEST 60'....1.650
    ENGINE....ls3 block,mahle pistons,forged rods,cloyes timing chain/tensioner,stock crank,clevite bearings,arp bolts through out.
    VALVETRAINl92 heads(821casting) with lightweight exhaust valves/stainless intake valves,patriot gold dual springs/titanium locks/retainers,230/240 .595/.605 cam
    EXHAUSTkooks mid length headers,no cats,magnaflow mip-pipe/resonators,no rear mufflers.
    MISC..3.27 gears,spohn trailing arms,VMR V710'S....245/45-18 FRONT,275/40-18 REAR. CIRCLE D 3K

for now....'95 mystic teal ta,slightly built lt1,cam,headers,intake, tb,every suspension mod,c5 brakes,lowered,3.90 gears,corbeau seats,6-point cage,ZR1 rims.

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No such animal yet Bro. JBA shorties are a waste of $$ too. It is posted on more then 1 site about little to no gains. Why not do long tubes? You will get the power you want and your whole stock system is untouched. Use your stock muffs too.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 View Post
    No such animal yet Bro. JBA shorties are a waste of $$ too. It is posted on more then 1 site about little to no gains. Why not do long tubes? You will get the power you want and your whole stock system is untouched. Use your stock muffs too.
    I considered that..but all the pics/info I saw on LT's,was that they wouldn't bolt up to the stock middle muffler. Had to get their x-pipe...I want to leave the stock mid section alone...just put cutouts right in front of the mid muffler.
    gone but not forgotten
    1.698 60' 11.946@113.66 BEST 60'....1.650
    ENGINE....ls3 block,mahle pistons,forged rods,cloyes timing chain/tensioner,stock crank,clevite bearings,arp bolts through out.
    VALVETRAINl92 heads(821casting) with lightweight exhaust valves/stainless intake valves,patriot gold dual springs/titanium locks/retainers,230/240 .595/.605 cam
    EXHAUSTkooks mid length headers,no cats,magnaflow mip-pipe/resonators,no rear mufflers.
    MISC..3.27 gears,spohn trailing arms,VMR V710'S....245/45-18 FRONT,275/40-18 REAR. CIRCLE D 3K

for now....'95 mystic teal ta,slightly built lt1,cam,headers,intake, tb,every suspension mod,c5 brakes,lowered,3.90 gears,corbeau seats,6-point cage,ZR1 rims.

Post Thanks / Like

For the power levels you want get LTs
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

So the LT's bolt up to the stock system by removing the stock exhaust manifold with the cats? If so, do you know if it is a difficult exchange?

The axblebacks couln't be easier.

Post Thanks / Like

LTs you take off everything but the muffs. The whole undercar exhaust can be off in 10 min. The manifolds and cats remove as an assembly. Well worth it, and like I said it can be out back to stock with no cutting or welding.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I would still need to purchase the middle pipes with the LT's then.

I thought it'd be nice if I was going to autoX or drag that I could swap the LT with the exhaust manifold and cats and put them back (if they bolted to the stock system just behind the cats). Not to mention the LT's are not too expensive by themselves. Adding the other piece adds too much to the price for me. I'll wait for another option or another car, whichever comes first.

Thanks Charlie.

Post Thanks / Like

if you go with the jba longtubes, you can keep your stock exhaust set up. the only problem will be you having to run catless or to but some high flow cats

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry if it feels like I'm asking the same question multiple times, but it would be an expensive mistake if I don't get it right.

I could go buy just the headers and run them with the existing stock setup. They would replace the storck exhaust manifold and cats and bolt up just underneath the firewall? So it would be something that I could swap for takeing to the track? Is all of that correct?

The the ARH and JHP LT's do this?

Thanks!