Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Stuck at 5.01 Second 0 to 60

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stuck at 5.01 Second 0 to 60

So, is this about right?

I've tried several runs over a one week period.

Weather: cool, cloudy both times, 65 to 70 degrees
    Altitude: 100 to 200 feet above sea level
    Run: Relatively flat +/- 2% grade at the most
    Surface: Pavement, some starts from brake down lane so starting in some marbles, other run in a closed weigh station, pavement appeared clean

Configuration: Superchips Cortex 91 Octane tune 50% and 75% torque management, rev limiter disabled, 92 Octane in the tank, 10% Ethanol mix (that is all they sell around here now), tank 1/4 to 1/2 full, no knock of any kind, half washer mod, two washers lower with gasket still in place, stock 19" summer rubber at stock pressures, I'm 6'1" about 220 pounds

Launch: Stability control off, Sport Mode shifting, some wheel spin at start up but not excessive, loading torque converter to 1,200 RPM release brake with left foot and roll throttle open - I suspect this is where I'm losing time

Troublesome / Question: My 0 to 50 time is 3.40 to 3.41 seconds, that consistent. Surprising that the next 10 MPH is taking another 1.6 seconds!

So, given my car, the information above, is 5.01 "expected" and not bad, or am I losing time somewhere. It seems on what I've read here I should be turning around 4.7 to 4.8 with the configuration I've got and damn it 2/100th of a second are MOCKING ME.
    2009.1 Pontiac G8 GT
    White Hot w/ Onyx interior, Prem Package, Sport Package, Sunroof

SHOW: Holden badges, backup assist, & gauges, front clip shaved w/ painted lower grilles, clear bra, matte black hood scoops, 35% tint, auto dimming mirror, Homelink, bass bias mod, VG antenna, VIM, Bluetooth, spare w/ Pace jack kit, glovebox light, white fuse covers, Rotofab radiator cover, engine cover custom painted w/ SS trim, billet aluminum trim, SS hood liner, MGP caliper covers, Third Shift Studios plaque, JBL MS-8, JL amps, Morel and Focal speakers, 12" sub, Redline Goods armrest

GO: Volant CAI, Superchips Cortex 91 tune, BP white catch can, modded lower grille, Solo axle backs; DBA 4000 series rotors; Russell SS brake lines; ATE Blue; Hawk ceramic pads, Camaro SS 20s 245/35F & 275/30R

0-60 MPH: 5.01 Seconds | 1/4 Mile: 13.354 Seconds @ 105.85 MPH | 279kW / 572Nm DynoJet uncorrected

Post Thanks / Like

What are you using to measure the 0-60 time?
    2009 SRM GT
    Premium/Sport

FQuick

Post Thanks / Like

If you completely remove TQM it will be faster.
    08 G8 GT: MagnaCharger TVS MP1900 10psi, LS9 cam, 72# injectors, Roto-Fab CAI, SLP Headers, Corsa Catback, etc.
    My Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the driver View Post
    What are you using to measure the 0-60 time?
    Superchips Cortex tuner off of the OBD-II interface.
    2009.1 Pontiac G8 GT

SHOW: Holden badges, backup assist, & gauges, front clip shaved w/ painted lower grilles, clear bra, matte black hood scoops, 35% tint, auto dimming mirror, Homelink, bass bias mod, VG antenna, VIM, Bluetooth, spare w/ Pace jack kit, glovebox light, white fuse covers, Rotofab radiator cover, engine cover custom painted w/ SS trim, billet aluminum trim, SS hood liner, MGP caliper covers, Third Shift Studios plaque, JBL MS-8, JL amps, Morel and Focal speakers, 12" sub, Redline Goods armrest

GO: Volant CAI, Superchips Cortex 91 tune, BP white catch can, modded lower grille, Solo axle backs; DBA 4000 series rotors; Russell SS brake lines; ATE Blue; Hawk ceramic pads, Camaro SS 20s 245/35F & 275/30R

0-60 MPH: 5.01 Seconds | 1/4 Mile: 13.354 Seconds @ 105.85 MPH | 279kW / 572Nm DynoJet uncorrected

Post Thanks / Like

Try it in drive. TCS off. no brake torquing. Smash to floor.

Or if you really want to improve it, remove TQM all together.
    Can't move out its own way- idk what number motor its on, how much boost, how big of a shot, its starts, im happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8GT594 View Post
    Try it in drive. TCS off. no brake torquing. Smash to floor.

Or if you really want to improve it, remove TQM all together.
    I am in drive, sport mode (not manual shift) and I am running with Stabilitrak off. With that I'm getting the 5.01. I won't run dailiy drive with torque management off, but for improved time on the track I will.

Thanks for the feedback.
    2009.1 Pontiac G8 GT

I is teh sexy pubah grandmacpubah's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

*response from the other site for the benefit of others*

Can you graph your 0-60 time (rpms) with the cortex? If you can I guarantee you will see wheel spin on your 1-2 shift and thats why you see the quick time to 50mph.

the best way to do these for documenting your improvements with mods is to find a spot you like...with no cops (i know hard in seattle...I go to a dead end road) and do 3-4 runs and try and get the average time. Then next mod you do like the cai...go to the same spot under similar conditions and do your runs. It gives you a great idea of what your mods are doing for you.

Since you have the cortex you may even want to set the car back to stock just to get some baseline runs...

for reference take the times with a grain of salt as its more about the improvement from mod to mod

Never had a stock run but here it is

New era otr CAI and ecm tune 4.74

Headers and UDP (no updated tune) 4.35

Updated ECM tune and first TCM tune 3.97
    09 Stryker Blue G8 GT *Gone*
    1 of 1,111

Show
    20% Llumar Tint
    VentureShield ClearBra
    Matrix NanoWeb Paint Sealant
    Partial Debadge
    Red Calipers
    Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 19X8.5 19X10
    Go
    Vararam
    Vector ECM/TCM Stealth Tune
    American Racing Headers 1 3/4
    SLP 25% Underdrive Pulley
    Vector HSRK
    Billet Catch Can
    Pedders Track II W/Drop
    BMR Trailing Arms

1/4 mile... coming soon
    0-60 3.97 per DH

2010 F-250 Crew Cab w/6.4 diesel

Post Thanks / Like

No graphing that I'm aware of. May be able to export via USB to my computer for my analysis, don't know (someone smarter than me will have that answer I bet)
    2009.1 Pontiac G8 GT

I is teh sexy pubah grandmacpubah's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

you can use my dh at the next meet and we can graph it for you...you'll see everything then.
    09 Stryker Blue G8 GT *Gone*
    1 of 1,111

Show
    20% Llumar Tint
    VentureShield ClearBra
    Matrix NanoWeb Paint Sealant
    Partial Debadge
    Red Calipers
    Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 19X8.5 19X10
    Go
    Vararam
    Vector ECM/TCM Stealth Tune
    American Racing Headers 1 3/4
    SLP 25% Underdrive Pulley
    Vector HSRK
    Billet Catch Can
    Pedders Track II W/Drop
    BMR Trailing Arms

1/4 mile... coming soon
    0-60 3.97 per DH

2010 F-250 Crew Cab w/6.4 diesel

Post Thanks / Like

Nice!!!
    2009.1 Pontiac G8 GT