Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cam swap question

Post Thanks / Like

Default cam swap question

i dont know if this is in the right section but can anyone tell me around what price i should be paying for a a cam swap (materials and labor) i was told $3400, and that sounds a little high, can anyone help me out with this?
    09 G8 GT Liquid Red Premium/Sport 20% Tints, Rotofab CAI, borla catback, kooks catless long tube headers, and custom dyno tune by kaltech tuning - 358 hp 367 tq

Post Thanks / Like

sounds about right...

AFM makes this more expensive than a normal cam swap.
    11 Mopar 11 Charger

11 Ram 1500 White Crewcab Hemi 4x4 Sport TRADED

10 F150 Raptor Black 5.4 Supercab TRADED

09 GT Black Premium Sport TRADED

Mods: Livernois Stage I Kit with ported intake and TB, Livernois Tune, New Era OTR CAI, UDP, Kooks 1 7/8 catted LT, GXP Front end conversion, GXP mufflers, GXP rear diffuser, VMR VB3 19x9.5, Nitto Invo 275s, TMA 3202, 2 JL Audio 12"s, Limo tint.

Upcoming Mods: GXP brake conversion, DBA rotors, Hawk pads, BMR Subframe Connectors and Trailing Arms, Pedders XA Street system, It is good to have a plan.

08 GT Black Premium Sport RIP
    2 JL Audio 12"s

Post Thanks / Like

You're in NY, call up New Era and see what their charge is and if they can cut you a deal on the install like most shops do if you order all the parts from them.
    Last edited by '02 ws6; 07-13-2009 at 10:16 PM.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I was quoted a very similar price.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds about right to me.
    -----------------------
    11.350 @ 118.66 / 1.57 60ft [300 DA]

RPM tune, PatG cam, FAST 102, L92 heads ported by Greg Good, Kooks 1 7/8 headers,
    RotoFab 102mm CAI, LS3 maf, UDP, JBA wires, Meziere water pump, SJM linelock,
    Circle D 3600, 3.27 diff with Truetrac, GForce HD axles, Pedders bushings, Spohn trailing arms,
    Camaro rims on the street & CCWs at the track....... SOLD

Looking for a 00-02 Camaro SS with A4

Post Thanks / Like

Damn!! I was thinking about maybe $2000 for everything....that's with the shop porting/shaving the heads with maybe some valve relief work....

I figured my mecahanic would do it for ~$700.......he's a good friend
    gone but not forgotten
    1.698 60' 11.946@113.66 BEST 60'....1.650
    ENGINE....ls3 block,mahle pistons,forged rods,cloyes timing chain/tensioner,stock crank,clevite bearings,arp bolts through out.
    VALVETRAINl92 heads(821casting) with lightweight exhaust valves/stainless intake valves,patriot gold dual springs/titanium locks/retainers,230/240 .595/.605 cam
    EXHAUSTkooks mid length headers,no cats,magnaflow mip-pipe/resonators,no rear mufflers.
    MISC..3.27 gears,spohn trailing arms,VMR V710'S....245/45-18 FRONT,275/40-18 REAR. CIRCLE D 3K

for now....'95 mystic teal ta,slightly built lt1,cam,headers,intake, tb,every suspension mod,c5 brakes,lowered,3.90 gears,corbeau seats,6-point cage,ZR1 rims.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by '02 ws6 View Post
    You're in NY, call up New Era and see what their charge is and if they can cut you a deal on the install like most shops do if you order all the parts from them.
    i really want to go to new era, only problem is that it is 6 1/2 hours away and i cant leave the car for more than 1 day or so
    09 G8 GT Liquid Red Premium/Sport 20% Tints, Rotofab CAI, borla catback, kooks catless long tube headers, and custom dyno tune by kaltech tuning - 358 hp 367 tq

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8DRIV3R View Post
    i really want to go to new era, only problem is that it is 6 1/2 hours away and i cant leave the car for more than 1 day or so
    Nobody is going to do a cam swap in one day.

Post Thanks / Like

i know, thats why i will be unable to go to new era, which is unfortunate because from what i see and read they do great work on these cars

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8DRIV3R View Post
    i dont know if this is in the right section but can anyone tell me around what price i should be paying for a a cam swap (materials and labor) i was told $3400, and that sounds a little high, can anyone help me out with this?
    I know we do it for 3k with parts, tuning, labor, fluids, plugs.... if you wanted milled/VJ'd heads 3400 seems about dead on to what we charge...

Livernois Motorsports

Click here to check out Livernois Motorsports on YouTube

CNC Cylinder Heads, Rotating Assemblies, Short Blocks, Performance Parts, Dyno Services, Fabrication and Machine Shop Services

Click here to take a virtual video tour of the shop