Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Charlie !!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help Charlie !!

Just heading out on a road trip this morning and the CHECK OIL warning pops up on the DIC. Oil is ok and pressure is normal.
    Any ideas??
    RIP Charlie, The GRRRR8 One

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]

2009 G8 GXP, #715 0f 1829 (one of 38 as optioned), MSM, M6, Sunroof, Onyx/Red (sold)
    2009 G8 GXP, #807 of 1829, MSM, A6, sunroof
    2016 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, spare, #555 of 2221.

You can push the envelope, but it's still stationery

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaycheckG8 View Post
    Just heading out on a road trip this morning and the CHECK OIL warning pops up on the DIC. Oil is ok and pressure is normal.
    Any ideas??

I'm not Charlie, but....
    What are your current miles and when's the last time you changed your oil? Stupid question, did you reset the oil meter by pressing the gas 3 times?
    Trigger
    My Fully Loaded 08 Stealth Blue Pontiac G8 GT

There's always someone faster,
    they just don't look as good lol
    Rotofab/Cortex/BMR/Pedders/VMR/Adams/Brakes/OBX/Nitto

PRAISE THE LOWERED

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I know of 2 G8s that had bad oil level sensors. Turn key off and see if it returns. Make sure your oil life monitor is not at 0%
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

stopped by dealer a d was told oil was low. Looked fine when I checked it this morning. Looked the same after servicing.
    Oh well, late but on the road!!

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]

2009 G8 GXP, #715 0f 1829 (one of 38 as optioned), MSM, M6, Sunroof, Onyx/Red (sold)

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Just rolled in to Columbus. Almost missed managers reception at the embassy suites (free beer!). When I first checked the oil it looked full. I cycles the ignition and warning stayed on. After dealer serviced oil the dipstick looked the same to me.
    Pardon the spelling errors. I'm still trying to figure out this silly iPhone!

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SRG963 View Post
    I'm not Charlie, but....
    What are your current miles and when's the last time you changed your oil? Stupid question, did you reset the oil meter by pressing the gas 3 times?
    Wait, how exactly do you reset the oil meter? I got an oil change but the meter wasn't reset so it says like 60 something percent oil life remaining when I just got the oil change.

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Scroll to it and hold down the reset(push on scroll knob)
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
    Wait, how exactly do you reset the oil meter? I got an oil change but the meter wasn't reset so it says like 60 something percent oil life remaining when I just got the oil change.
    Procedure is in the owners manual.

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reseting the oil life monitor

I think you grab the drivers side visor with the left hand and whilst pumping the gas pedal you flip the visor one way to the other.(up and down) You do that for 15 seconds then get out of the car and open and close the passenger door 4 times. Now get in the car and pump the gas pedal with ignition on 3 times from off to full on.

That should do it for ya!

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
    Turn the key to on, but don't start the car. With in the first 5 seconds from when you turn the key, press the gas to the floor 3 times.
    Trigger
    My Fully Loaded 08 Stealth Blue Pontiac G8 GT

There's always someone faster,
    they just don't look as good lol
    Rotofab/Cortex/BMR/Pedders/VMR/Adams/Brakes/OBX/Nitto

PRAISE THE LOWERED