Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alcohol injection....Anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

Be sure you get a 5 gallon tank with a low level warning, you don't want to run out of juice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wreckwriter View Post
    Be sure you get a 5 gallon tank with a low level warning, you don't want to run out of juice.
    Those are nice. I only had the 2 quart tank under the hood. It would last for about 15 passes at the track...not all that bad. I would buy it by the 5 gallon jug....lasted almost a whole year. I did street race alot...
    I still got about 2 gallons left....I sometimes will throw a pint in the G8 with a full tank....just trying to use it up.
    gone but not forgotten
    1.698 60' 11.946@113.66 BEST 60'....1.650
    ENGINE....ls3 block,mahle pistons,forged rods,cloyes timing chain/tensioner,stock crank,clevite bearings,arp bolts through out.
    VALVETRAINl92 heads(821casting) with lightweight exhaust valves/stainless intake valves,patriot gold dual springs/titanium locks/retainers,230/240 .595/.605 cam
    EXHAUSTkooks mid length headers,no cats,magnaflow mip-pipe/resonators,no rear mufflers.
    MISC..3.27 gears,spohn trailing arms,VMR V710'S....245/45-18 FRONT,275/40-18 REAR. CIRCLE D 3K

for now....'95 mystic teal ta,slightly built lt1,cam,headers,intake, tb,every suspension mod,c5 brakes,lowered,3.90 gears,corbeau seats,6-point cage,ZR1 rims.

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta remember though, unlike most of us, Arthur does road racing too. He could potentially use a LOT of juice in a fairly short time.

Post Thanks / Like

Hay wreck... There's a guy on our local board selling a brand new coolinmist varicool progressive set up. It's a $1000 kit...for $500. If your interested.

It's at alabamaracingscene.net in the for sale section.
    gone but not forgotten
    ENGINE....ls3 block,mahle pistons,forged rods,cloyes timing chain/tensioner,stock crank,clevite bearings,arp bolts through out.
    VALVETRAINl92 heads(821casting) with lightweight exhaust valves/stainless intake valves,patriot gold dual springs/titanium locks/retainers,230/240 .595/.605 cam
    EXHAUSTkooks mid length headers,no cats,magnaflow mip-pipe/resonators,no rear mufflers.
    MISC..3.27 gears,spohn trailing arms,VMR V710'S....245/45-18 FRONT,275/40-18 REAR. CIRCLE D 3K

for now....'95 mystic teal ta,slightly built lt1,cam,headers,intake, tb,every suspension mod,c5 brakes,lowered,3.90 gears,corbeau seats,6-point cage,ZR1 rims.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeInNePa View Post
    You too?

"hic"

Beats throwing up in the car.....barely!

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 13 QTR View Post
    Snow is a pretty good kit. There's also devils-own and coolinmist(what I had). I ran 100% straight methanal,more for a fuel supplement rather than cooling. It allows for lots more timing and boost. I wouldn't see you,doing any damage if the kit failed...unless you are using it for fuel.
    I was tuned for it on the high side...one track day,my pump failed. I hit about a 14.7afr,on a car that shouldn't be over 12.4 on methanol. I got 'er shut down...no damage. You wouldn't think a 4 cylinder running 860cc injectors would need a dual nozzle (1250cc) setup,too keep from going lean....but I did.

A plus also...is when you let out of it and it backfires..you get this enormous fire ball out the pipes.. With my cutout...it would backfire and roll out a big blue fireball out that nearly reached the drivers door handles. Plus what came out the rear tips.....you could light up the road behind you....plus NO tailgaters....
    Did the back fire ever melt any plastic?
    Gone...Goodbye..It been fun and expensive!!

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info 13 QTR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zosoboogie View Post
    Did the back fire ever melt any plastic?
    No...it was to fast. One good thing about the methanol....it's the best intake/valve cleaner...you won't have any carbon build up.

The srt was designed to backfire. It actually will fire on the exhaust stroke,and it was said that it fired the injectors on the exhaust stroke to?
    I never lifted while shifting..so when it hit the limiter,even thou the injectors shut off,the methanol was still spraying. So the exhaust pipes would get unburned fuel.....so that equalled a big fireball.
    gone but not forgotten

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zosoboogie View Post
    So here it is the situation not sure if I want to do it still, GM Performance Magazine wants a Supercharged G8 and they will provide the Methanol/ Alcohol injection from Snow Performance. They provide the kit for free and I pay for the install then they write an article on my car and the gains. The problem is I am not familiar with it and I would not know what to do it it goes wrong! I think the mix is 50/50 but I do track days now and I am not sure if its something good or bad. Is there a better brand than SNOW??
    HELP!
    The only one I've used and been 100% satisfied in all of the parts and quality is the Alkycontrol kit. I've seen a few of the Devils kits and they weren't too bad, but as far as a Snow....couldn't give it to me; as a matter of fact someone did give me one once with a used turbo set-up from a Civic and it was thrown in the trash
    Winning may not be everything, but its still better than losing

I don't know you. I don't know what have done. If you are looking to talk up a race for 3 hours, I can tell you I don't have the time. But what I do have are a very particular set of parts; parts I have acquired over a very long career. Parts that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you go home, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not punk you. But if you don't, I will punk you, I will race you, and I will embarrass you.

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ktlplxm View Post
    The only one I've used and been 100% satisfied in all of the parts and quality is the Alkycontrol kit. I've seen a few of the Devils kits and they weren't too bad, but as far as a Snow....couldn't give it to me; as a matter of fact someone did give me one once with a used turbo set-up from a Civic and it was thrown in the trash
    So Alkycontrol kit are the best then!!