Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ARH Questions

Post Thanks / Like

Question ARH Questions

I'm getting the R-F cai, VMS tune, & the HSRK installed in a couple of weeks by VMS at their shop. But I'm still on the fence with the ARH system even with the stock mufflers installed. I really, really don't want the exhaust sound to be ANY louder that stock at idle or even under normal throttle, which is how I drive it most of the time. My question is, are stock exhaust sound levels possible with the ARH + stock mufflers at idle, normal throttle, and especially at cruise?
    Can anyone help with this. I have listened to the video with this exact system installed and have read several threads where this system was on the car and they all seem to point to very low sound levels until you get on it, and even then it's not too bad. Any further input would be greatly appreciated just to shine a little more light on this subject.

Post Thanks / Like

I would say with stock muffs the sound will be a bit louder than stock, with the restrictions removed it pretty much has to be. When mine was stock I couldn't tell it was running without putting my hand on it. For me that was unacceptable. If you don't want it to be ANY louder than stock my best suggestion is to leave the car stock.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Wreckwriter; I think it was your video of the sound of this system, was it not? Additionally, what kind of performance gain could I expect by adding the ARH system with stock mufflers (and tuning for this system of course) compared to a car already equipped with the RF, VMS tune, & HSRK?

Post Thanks / Like

No, I don't have video upload capability. The video you saw was probably Jay's (ManOfSteel).

Long tube headers, with any muffs, should give you a very noticeable performance increase. Your car will be quite quick after those mods.

It will NOT sound stock though. Should be pretty quiet but will not be stock quiet.

Post Thanks / Like

With long tubes... No matter who's. You go from pretty restrictive cats to hiflow cats so you are going to increase volume too.

Most header systems will increase your interior noise from the engine bay as well as the stock manifolds do a better job insulating the sound to the cabin. Thin steel tubes will sound bad ass but are usually louder. This is from past experience and NOT with the G8.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Default ARH Questions

WreckWriter & 4gasem: Thanks for the sound input (no pun intended). I have a feeling I'll keep the stock system. If it ever gets boring I can always have the ARH system installed and have it retuned! Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I can't understand why you would choose that, I absolutely hated mine with stock exhaust, but to each his own.

Post Thanks / Like

Default ARH Questions

Well, I guess I'm too close to gieserdom (58). Just since reading your last post and the one from 4gasem I beginning to reconsider. It sounds like the car will actually be quite a bit faster with the addition of the ARH system (on top of the other listed mods). What kind of trap speed, 0-60, e.t. would you expect WreckWriter?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jbradsh1 View Post
    Well, I guess I'm too close to gieserdom (58). Just since reading your last post and the one from 4gasem I beginning to reconsider. It sounds like the car will actually be quite a bit faster with the addition of the ARH system (on top of the other listed mods). What kind of trap speed, 0-60, e.t. would you expect WreckWriter?
    I'll be 50 in 3 days (god that sucks) but I still like the rumble....

No promises of course but I would expect a 0-60 in the low to mid 4s. 4.4 to 4.5 or so, maybe even a bit better. Car should run low 13s in the quarter, possibly high 12s in the right conditions. Trap speed, 110 ish.
    Last edited by wreckwriter; 09-15-2008 at 10:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default ARH Questions

Thanks WreckWriter: I appreciate the info. I think I might just go with the ARH SYTEM with the stock mufflers. 110ish sounds pretty good to me. Thanks.