Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: My version of the LP mod...

Post Thanks / Like

What did you use to remove or cut the plastic after you removed the lower piece?
    2009 MGM G8 GT
    Maggie 1900, 3.1" pulley, LS9 injectors, Roto-Fab intake, Solo Axlebacks w/ X-pipe

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by rlrayl11 View Post
    What did you use to remove or cut the plastic after you removed the lower piece?
    I used a very small drywall saw.
    Intake, Exhaust, Cam, & Tuned @Livernois Motorsports

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Bhuge View Post
    I just completed this also. Very simple to do. JBradsh1 you said you have the roto-fab, did you do the original lower panel mod as well?
    No, I didn't want to butcher the paneling or risk driving through large standing water and have it shower up into the intake. I'm sure some of the more experienced guys at modding here have done a really good job at this, I just didn't trust myself enough to do it.
    Intake, Exhaust, Cam, & Tuned @Livernois Motorsports

Post Thanks / Like

Thank god someone found a better way of doing this. I was just going to drill out each hole. Pretty basic but it would have been time consuming to make it look good. I guess if I would have taken the initiative to remove the grill, I could have seen there was an easier way to do this. Going home after work to get this done. Good Job Peter. Saves me time and a headache.
    09 White GT Sport/Premium/Moon roof, Sirius Radio, tinted, VG Shark Fin, GXP diffuser and Camaro wheels still sitting in a box.
    Ceramic coated ARH 1 7/8" LT with HFCs and Solo Axle backs, Vararam intake, HSRK, Reckart 90mm maf housing and updated LS3 maf, homemade catch can, and Tuned by Master Patrick Guerra on Kurt's dyno in Victoria TX. I use 93 octane, Mobil 1 synthetic, and Prolong additive.
    Current power numbers as Sept 3, 2012 - 391HP/395LBS
    No new qtr mile times as of yet.
    Previous Best 13.175 @ 103mph - Dallas Raceway with Home made oil catch can, Vararam intake, HSRK, X-pipe, HP Tuners (Intense Tune)

Post Thanks / Like

what if i just punched a few big holes through the honeycomb to let it breathe a litte?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pandersonjr View Post
    what if i just punched a few big holes through the honeycomb to let it breathe a litte?
    sure, you can do that, but it woud mean less air(not a lot less though) and it wouldn't look nearly as good..
    http://forum.grrrr8.net/signaturepics/sigpic219_1.gif
    2009 Phantom Metallic G8 GTS
    Appearance;HSV Fenders | HSV GTS Spoiler | GXP Bumper | GXP Diffuser | HSV Triple Gauges with Dash/Console conversion(First in North America) | HSV GTS Sport Steering Wheel | 20% tint | 6.0 Litre V8 Badges | Blacked out Window & Grill Chrome| V6 door handles | Tinted Tails/Front Side Markers
    Performance; Tuned | Roto Fab CAI | SLP Long tube Headers & PowerFlow axlebacks | Xpipe | DOD Delete | GTO LS2 Cam | Forged Rods & Pistons
    Handling; XA Coilovers | BMR Swaybars | "EXTREMEContact" tires
    Coming soon; Boost!

12.9199 @ 106mph <old setup, before DOD delete/GTO cam/Forging

Post Thanks / Like

any one no this part number...................damn it

Formerly Known as Nikeair042 VENOM's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i tugged on the front piece yesterday and the whole bumper was flexing so I stopped. Any easy way to remove that bottom plastic grille besides pulling?
    2008 LR G8 GT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fastg8mi View Post
    any one no this part number...................damn it
    don't know it... but I gotta ask, what did you do?
    Appearance;HSV Fenders | HSV GTS Spoiler | GXP Bumper | GXP Diffuser | HSV Triple Gauges with Dash/Console conversion(First in North America) | HSV GTS Sport Steering Wheel | 20% tint | 6.0 Litre V8 Badges | Blacked out Window & Grill Chrome| V6 door handles | Tinted Tails/Front Side Markers
    Performance; Tuned | Roto Fab CAI | SLP Long tube Headers & PowerFlow axlebacks | Xpipe | DOD Delete | GTO LS2 Cam | Forged Rods & Pistons
    Coming soon; Boost!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nikeair042 View Post
    i tugged on the front piece yesterday and the whole bumper was flexing so I stopped. Any easy way to remove that bottom plastic grille besides pulling?

nope, this is the easyest way. only other way is to remove the cover itself and do the samething from the back side.
    Coming soon; Boost!