Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ITBFST On The Dyno!

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I really think after reading and studying the tune this afternoon I can get 20 more hp and then go back and get close to that on the dyno. Lots of gaps in areas and the MAF has a ways to go. I guessed over 550 at the crank when I made the call to Kirk and it looks like it will be on target. I just got to get to 465+ and I am in there!
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

Not bad.
    -----------------------
    11.350 @ 118.66 / 1.57 60ft [300 DA]

RPM tune, PatG cam, FAST 102, L92 heads ported by Greg Good, Kooks 1 7/8 headers,
    RotoFab 102mm CAI, LS3 maf, UDP, JBA wires, Meziere water pump, SJM linelock,
    Circle D 3600, 3.27 diff with Truetrac, GForce HD axles, Pedders bushings, Spohn trailing arms,
    Camaro rims on the street & CCWs at the track....... SOLD

Looking for a 00-02 Camaro SS with A4

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice pulls, especially considering the high stall. That thing should be incredible on the track.
    09 Stryker Blue GT -- Solo HFC's and V2 catback, VCM Intake, HSRK
    89 Corvette -- Currently R.I.P. (Resting in Pieces)

Post Thanks / Like

nice numbers and when it revs up it sounds awesome

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds and looks great, Charlie. When I first saw the rims I thought...eh, but they seem to be growing on me.
    John
    2009 Stryker Blue Metalic GT Bolt-on G8 Record holder: 11.828 @ 114.61 with a 1.603 60'
    1993 Pontiac Formula FIREHAWK 385ci., M6, Strange S60.
    1968 Firebird Formula Convertible *Restomod project*

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on getting her close to where you want it (for now).

Don't get caught up in the whole converter robbing HP issue. Kirk tested my setup before and after stall install with the initial tune. My converter only cost 1HP and 3lbs torque. I expected it to cost much more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
    Congrats on getting her close to where you want it (for now).

Don't get caught up in the whole converter robbing HP issue. Kirk tested my setup before and after stall install with the initial tune. My converter only cost 1HP and 3lbs torque. I expected it to cost much more.
    Did he lock it manually while on the dyno? I read that if its locked there isnt much of a loss.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 View Post
    At last, at last! I have a VIDEO and a DYNO sheet. I am happy with it for now and the tuning will intensify for sure. 12.4 A/F, no KR at all. When you read the dyno sheet feel free to factor in the 3600 stall.

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8n9eDQ6sUyo&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd 311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8n9eDQ6sUyo&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd 311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>
    Nice numbers indeed kimosabe!

It was good to see that they practiced safe dynoing there. I see they had ITBFST chained off so nobody would be close to flying shrapnel.

Nonetheless, I noticed several of the spectators ducking for cover!

I'm just happy to live too far away for you to race me. That's wicked sick!
    Last edited by R.Penguin; 04-19-2009 at 05:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I used 2 Penguins to block the tires in the front too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 View Post
    I used 2 Penguins to block the tires in the front too.
    I saw that. Uncle Fred and cousin Arlo need to find better jobs!