Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Superchips Handtuner for Magnacharger 2300

Post Thanks / Like

Default Superchips Handtuner for Magnacharger 2300

Hi.
    I had asked in another thread about top speed anything about a handtuner. My car has a 2300 Magnacharger and i īve got with the car a Superchips 9827 Hand tuner. I am a fool and would look about the settings. The programmer asked " do you want install the magnacherger tuning file?" I must press yes. - otherwise goes nothing. Since this day the settings are other. Transmission shift is not so hard, - it is OK. Speed limiter should be off, - top speed is now 223 km/h. And it is now the fuel management half active and all active. Before it was always all active. When i drive at half active, it sounds like there is anything loose in the exhaust muffler. At a little press at the throttle pedal it needs a little bit time and the engine coughs a little. Then it goes forward. I had tried to set to stock. - Oh Oh! The car goes to power reduce mode and safety mode. Thanks god, with the magnacharger file all is right now again. Now the Question: Do you know, if i buy a new superchips programmer, if this is compatible with the charger? I like to reset my active fuel management, speed limiter and maybe the transmission. I wrote to superchips company, but there comes no answer.
    Hope again, that you can all understand, what i have written.

.....Another little question: My son likes to buy an american car too. Now in the german internet, there are 2 cars, that he likes: a 2008 G8 with 190 000 km and a 2005 Pontiac GTO 5,7 with roundabout 70 000 km. Do you see any reason , not to buy the g8, or what do you think is the better car?

Bernhard from germany

Post Thanks / Like

I believe I understand.

The Superchips 9827 came with the Supercharger package. It has Magnusons supercharger tune on it.

I would recommend that you look for someone over there to tune the car for you, or perhaps reach out to someone in the US that could tune it via email. It will be expensive, but the tune will be MUCH better than the tune on the Superchips unit.

I think it is possible that the car was tuned AFTER the superchips tune was put on it, and that is what removed the speed limiter and fuel management all active. Or maybe even that the magnanuson tune was never put on it, that it was just a custom tune.

So maybe - MAYBE - your car has had three tunes...

1) Original factory tune, before Magnacharger
    2) Magnacharger tune from Superchips unit (or maybe this never until now)
    3) Custom tune by someone with a laptop

When you connected the superchips tuner to the car it put the magnuson tune (tune #2) on the car, it erased the changes made by the Custom Tune (tune #3).

Who installed the supercharger? Have you contact them about what the tune history with the car is?

Pete
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you.
    I donīt know who has build the supercharger to the car. The car dealer told me, that the pre owner let all made in germany. He spent many money in this car. Do you think it is functionally if i erase the magnacharger file to stock, buy a hand tuner and try to programm with it? Mostly i donīt like the active fuel shifting. Can i erase it otherwise?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chevybernie View Post
    Thank you.
    I donīt know who has build the supercharger to the car. The car dealer told me, that the pre owner let all made in germany. He spent many money in this car. Do you think it is functionally if i erase the magnacharger file to stock, buy a hand tuner and try to programm with it? Mostly i donīt like the active fuel shifting. Can i erase it otherwise?
    Bernie,
    I don't know.

I think that now the new tune (from the handheld) has written over, or erased the tune that was in the car that had the fuel management turned off all the time.

I do not know if there are "options" when you install the handheld tuner file (for example remove speed limiter yes/no, fuel management active yes/no, etcetera).

Edit: I just read in another thread that the magnuson handheld tuner might not let you write the handheld tune over a modified, or custom, tune file. So, there might NOT have been a custom tune on the car if it let you rewrite the magnuson tune. If that's true, then there would HAVE to be options to change (fuel management on/off) when installing the magnuson handheld tune.
    Last edited by STL_G8GT; 07-07-2018 at 01:05 PM.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chevybernie View Post
    Thank you.
    Thank you. You are a big help for me. I try to find out the pre owner and contact him how he made it.
    Good bye.