Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Negative crankcase pressure

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Random guess: Bad intake valve stem seal(s). Though that might not cause a strong constant vacuum.
    09 G8 GT SRM Premium Sport Sunroof

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:
    Bremmerkraft BR09 winter wheels, Weathertech floor liners, oil pan heater

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J Wikoff View Post
    Random guess: Bad intake valve stem seal(s). Though that might not cause a strong constant vacuum.
    That is an interesting concept. This was an issue that happened in a days time. On Thursday it was fine.On Friday the hissing began. Could this happen that rapidly? I would guess that a bleed by test would be a way to check??
    Thanks for your reply. I will see what I can find out.
    09 Sport Metallic Red G8 GT, Livernois Tune, AR 1 7/8 LT headers with HPC coating, RotoFab CAI, Brembo Brakes, Front Grill Cutaway, GXP Diffuser, Oil catch can (DuclosBrosRacing design) Custom logo Embriodery on headrests Sirius Radio Module

!!!!!AND A BRAND SPANKING NEW ENGINE AT 35K!!!!!

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Changing intake and lifter valley gaskets

Quote Originally Posted by dukeofpg View Post
    That is an interesting concept. This was an issue that happened in a days time. On Thursday it was fine.On Friday the hissing began. Could this happen that rapidly? I would guess that a bleed by test would be a way to check??
    Thanks for your reply. I will see what I can find out.
    I have decided to change all of the gaskets. My mileage is down about 5MPG and it seems a bit flat on power. I have not driven much in the last 2 months so I don't think I did anything bad to it. I pulled off the valve covers to see if a trunion had broken or maybe a bent pushrod, but all looks good.

Can anyone tell me the torque specs for the lifter valley cover and the intake manifold? THANKS
    Last edited by dukeofpg; 08-06-2018 at 11:14 AM. Reason: spelling
    09 Sport Metallic Red G8 GT, Livernois Tune, AR 1 7/8 LT headers with HPC coating, RotoFab CAI, Brembo Brakes, Front Grill Cutaway, GXP Diffuser, Oil catch can (DuclosBrosRacing design) Custom logo Embriodery on headrests Sirius Radio Module

Post Thanks / Like
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fixed!!

Okay, I changed the intake and lifter valley gasket and all is well!! I never saw any issues with the old gaskets, but the problem is resolved.

I give a ton of thanks to everyone that offered a suggestion of help.