Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: help finding calipers

Post Thanks / Like

Default help finding calipers

im about to put after market rims on my g8, im getting 20 in wheels, so i figured while they will have the wheels off then maybe i can have them replace tie rod ends and put new rotors and calipers on it, but i have no clue where to fnd nice looking calipers without going online and spending anywhere from 2k to 10k for the entire package. im not very smart when it comes to lookng for brakes!

Post Thanks / Like

If you’re planning on doing a conversion to Brembo brakes, you will need rotors designed to work with those calipers.
    If you do your homework and search all the threads on conversions, it’s not all that expensive. Check out the Camaro site for take offs, etc.
    CTSV and Camaro 4 piston calipers are readily available. You can check out ZZPerformance also.
    If you can do the work yourself you can save a bunch. Brakes on these cars aren’t that big a deal to do. You need to make sure your new wheels will have enough offset and spoke design to clear the new setup.
    Lots of help on the forums. It’s an upgrade that has been done many times.
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Amazon was the best place to buy calipers. Gen 1 CTS-V Brembo calipers were cheap and probably still are.

Rotohack 102 intake - 102 MAF - TPIS 102 TB - TVS1900 ported & plated w 8 rib 2.5" front + OD rear
    PnP Interchiller - RCR ported heads - RCR Lunati 219/231 113+1 - Forged Bottom End
    ARH 2" LT headers - Solo 3" CB - MT DRs + M&H FRs on Weld RT-S
    CTS-V fuel w Vaporworx - FAST 85s - Alkycontrol meth M15 + M10 - RCR tune
    9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq