Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: DOD Delete question

Post Thanks / Like

Default DOD Delete question

Hey all
    I知 about to do a DOD on my 08

Since the heads have to come off, Id like to get them milled to bump up the compression.

My question is for those that know for sure,
    How much can the heads be milked safely for the most power gain.
    I値l be running the stock LS9 Head gaskets, unless I can bump it up using head gaskets alone, and if so which gasket would I use.

Also if milling the heads, what pushrod length would I need?

Thank you in advance

I値l be using the Brian Stage II N/A camshaft if that helps

Post Thanks / Like

I would direct those questions to Brian tooley racing - they would tell you what compression would work best with that cam.

Also, they will spec pushrods for you. If not, get a comp pushrod length checker. Ls7 lifters are notoriously picky, you want as perfect of preload as you can get.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader