Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: 18” wheel staggered

Post Thanks / Like

Default 18” wheel staggered

Hello all
    I picked up an 17k mile 08 GT/ Panther Black Metallic

Has the 18” wheels on it

I’m looking at different wheel companies to find a wheel I like and succeeded.

The wheels they’re offering is a staggered set

18.8 Front +35mm offset with a 245/45/18
    18.9.5 Rear +45mm offset with a 275/40/18

My car is lowered on Elbach Springs
    Guessing an inch or so

My question is will this set up fit without any issues on my lowered car, and does anyone run this type of set up on their G8 they could provide pictures to give me an idea of the look it would have.

Greatly appreciate any and all help, I’m ready to pull the trigger but would like more info on it.

The company states their wheel setup is for cars that are not lowered and they have no idea of the look or how it will install on a lowered car.

Thanks again in advance for your help.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you check the "will it fit sticky"? Otherwise Slizzo will know.
    2009 GT PBM Sport/Premium Packs
    Kook's / Corsa / Roto Fab CAI with HSRK / Polished Camaro's with Nitto Invo's / Camaro Brembo's / GRRRR8 Hose & ARP Bolt kits / VG Fin / GXP diffuser / Black door trim & other goodies from CP / UPR catch can / Livernois / BMR / Russell / Jet-Hot / SunTech tint by Drew / MM / Adams / Klearz / TSS

Post Thanks / Like

I checked and it says people go with 275’s but I don’t see info on a lowered car, and what offset is best
    I just need reassurance the offsets and tire sizes listed apply to lowered cars as well.

And I’d like to pictures of anyone running such a combo so I have an idea of what my car will look like.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi.
    Last year i bought my G8 and i´ve got the original 245 wheels and AC Schnitzer wheels with 265 front with 15mm spacers and 285 back tires. I had them installed an was driving with them last year. It was looking great and the driving feeling was good, but on the back side, - with 3 or 4 passengers, it could be, that the body had a little bit contact with the tires. My car is lowered too. It should have Eibach springs too. I could not find it out. This year i bought 4 new 245 tires. Only because it is to dangerous in germany with police. I have no chance to get the wheels scripted in the car papers. ( It must be in germany) and i will sell it in Ebay. If there is an accident, it gives much problems with the insurance. I have 4, or 5 Fotos from the car with the 285 tires. If you like, contact me and i send it to you per mail. I dont know how to make it here in the forum.( I hope, you understand my english).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donkeyGT View Post
    Did you check the "will it fit sticky"? Otherwise Slizzo will know.
    LOL. Should fit, but may have to massage the fenders a bit to get them to tuck properly if you rub.

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterGT View Post
    I checked and it says people go with 275’s but I don’t see info on a lowered car, and what offset is best
    I just need reassurance the offsets and tire sizes listed apply to lowered cars as well.

And I’d like to pictures of anyone running such a combo so I have an idea of what my car will look like.
    The 275 wide tire will help with it tucking better, I had 285s on a +40et 9.5" wheel and rubbed, but I was close to flush, with 5mm more offset bringing that in, and with 5mm less tire outboard, you're clearing the fenders IMO. Best fitment without any fear of rub would have your offsets at +50 or higher. But I believe the setup you quoted should be fine without issue.
    Last edited by Slizzo; 05-17-2018 at 06:19 AM.
    2015 White Hot Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick - BTR Stage 3 cam, headers, intake *Traded 11/11/2023*
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 - 6.2L, Ultimate Pack *Turned in 4/13/2021*
    2016 Jungle Green Metallic Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick *Traded 2/1/18*
    2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa Axleback, AirAid Intake *Traded 7/7/16*
    2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT * Sold 6/10/14*

Post Thanks / Like

Ok
    I’ve been looking and I found another set of wheels that’s not as wide
    New set is Front 18x8 +35 mm 245/45/18 tire
    Rear 18x9 +38 mm ( I’m curious if I can put a 275/40/18 tire on this wheel without touching the 1/4’s )
    The tire company has 245/45/18 listed as the tire option, but if the 275 works good, I’ll use it instead.

Thank you for your knowledge on this!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterGT View Post
    Ok
    I’ve been looking and I found another set of wheels that’s not as wide
    New set is Front 18x8 +35 mm 245/45/18 tire
    Rear 18x9 +38 mm ( I’m curious if I can put a 275/40/18 tire on this wheel without touching the 1/4’s )
    The tire company has 245/45/18 listed as the tire option, but if the 275 works good, I’ll use it instead.

Thank you for your knowledge on this!!
    This package will actually stick out further. I'd stay with the original one you had quoted.
    2015 White Hot Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick - BTR Stage 3 cam, headers, intake *Traded 11/11/2023*
    2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa Axleback, AirAid Intake *Traded 7/7/16*

Post Thanks / Like

Damn!
    Well they offer
    18x8 35 mm
    18x8.5 at the same offset
    Or the 9” at 38mm

So it seems I should stay with the 18x8’s at 35mm on all 4 corners to be safe.
    So I want a 50-55 mm on a 9.5” wheel for the rear.
    What would you suggest the best offsets are for a 8.5” & 9” wheels in the rear?
    I assume on a 8 or 8.5 wheel on the front a 35mm is ok with you?
    Thank you so much for your help

Post Thanks / Like

That front is fine yeah. Gen 2 CTS-V wheels fit the G8 just fine coincidentally.

Any particular reason you're looking at exclusively 18" wheels?

Post Thanks / Like

I was looking at 18’s because I have brand new tires on the car now. And I’ve seen there a good drag radial in an 18”
    MT ET Streets. I ran that tire on my Grand National and thought it performed very well.

I wouldn’t think a 19” or 20” would hook very well, but I could be wrong, just figured the 18” would be best if both worlds as far as comfort and have enough sidewalk to hook on the street or strip.

But I do really like the 19 & 20’s on the G8’s