Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: P07000, U0073 on 09 G8, 60K miles

Post Thanks / Like

Default P07000, U0073 on 09 G8, 60K miles

So I've noticed my car having trouble starting. I thought maybe it was the battery, so I had it bench tested and it was fine (although a little low). At one point the car wouldn't turn over and threw the P0700 code and U0073 code.

I've also noticed that I have the crank pulley/under pulley wobble. No load idle is pulling 14.3V, 12.3V not running, so I think my alt is fine.

I got the thing started and did a couple laps around the block, both slow and WOT. Seems ok.

I've looked up the P0700/U0073 codes on here and G8Board, but seems like it could be anything (fuses to moisture to blown clutch).

I've been noodling with the SLP underpulley mod; anyone think that the wobble on the pulley could cause a flux in voltage/amps that would be giving me electrical problems? Is it something completely different? How should I go about diagnosing?

Can anyone recommend an honest Socal shop to take it to? I'm in Whittier, but anywhere in socal is fine. I would prefer to keep it away from a dealer, but I may not have a choice.

Any and all help is appreciated.

DJ LPM

Post Thanks / Like

The U0073 code is a communication error. It relates to the CAN bus. It will reset after 50 ignition cycles if it doesn't repeat.
    THe P0700is a transmission code requeas from the TCM.

Neither of these are symptoms of a difficult to start engine. Your description of that is pretty vague.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

BMR, Brembo, Circle D, Comp Cams, Crazy Paul's Holden parts,
    Gforce axles, GRRRR8.net SS bolt kit and heater hoses, LandSpeed Development,
    Livernois, Lunati, Pedders, White auto media
    Under more construction.

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.