Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Just something basic

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just something basic

So my GT is pretty much stock except for a CAI. I may go with an exhaust at some point (cats back, but no headers).

Is there any point doing any sort of tuning?

Can I get something (like superchips) that is just plug and play (I know nothing about this stuff), that I don't need to make any of the adjustments myself.

I've tried contacting patg but have never received a response.
    2009 GT Premium & Sport Packages
    White Hot with Black/Red interior

Roto-fab CAI, Roto-fab Rad cover, Tint all around, Baer brake kit red, Aeroforce gauges, GXP steering wheel, shifter, front clip & diffuser, Shark Fin

Future: Sunroof, suspension, and much more.

Post Thanks / Like

Get a tune. You’ll like what it does to the trans
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

Post Thanks / Like

It helps to know what goals you have. If all you want to do is play around with the tune, then get a Superchips tuner. If you want a little more performance, then get a street or dyno tune. Where are you located?
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

^I don't want to play around. I want something to plug in and forget it. I have no idea what a tune can do. No experience whatsoever....

Roto-fab CAI, Roto-fab Rad cover, Tint all around, Baer brake kit red, Aeroforce gauges, GXP steering wheel, shifter, front clip & diffuser, Shark Fin

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I see you are in Canada. Don't know any tuners East, West or Alberta.

I suggest you search for Superchips on Google. Try G8Nation: Superchips in Google.

This will give you an idea of what the tuner can do for you. Like a higher octane tune, firm up the transmission shifting, etc.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

The change a tune makes on the G8 is pretty dramatic when it comes to the transmission, and it'll add some power too of course.

Best thing to do for a car you don't want to have to worry about (daily driver) is to get a decent exhaust like Corsa or Borla, a CAI like Rotofab, and a tuner like SuperChips and play with it.

I drove my GT daily like this for 54,000 miles and it never let me down.

I would NEVER want to drive my GXP the way it is daily.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Gents. That sounds kinda like what I'm looking for. Nothing extreme just adding a little spice to the daily (summer) driver. I have looked at exhaust upgrades (solo), but I'm not a real big sound guy anymore, and the dollar up here is a killer.