Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: HOW TO Guide: DIY flash Atari gauge to 3-gauge sport display

Post Thanks / Like

Default HOW TO Guide: DIY flash Atari gauge to 3-gauge sport display

Many have been asking for a DIY guide to flashing the 08 "Atari gauge" to the 3-gauge file. It is now complete. This one is far more in-depth than the radio reprogramming, with lots more room for error. However, with some basic tools, it can be easily done. I can flash them in 5 minutes now. (After months of researching, learning, and documenting the process, of course). As always, mod at your own risk. There are many ways to accomplish the programming technique, I'm just sharing my method with the community. You should be familiar with the radio programming methods before going into this as well, as I didn't go into much detail on the EEPROM programming, since it's well written out in my radio guide.

Enjoy.

Guide Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Thr...c0bx5IriU/view

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HoLLo; 02-22-2018 at 10:43 AM.
    | Tim R. | 09 MGM G8 GT | 01 SOM Trans Am WS6 |

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you change the intensity?
    9.5 RPM (Red Passion Metallic)
    Sport /Premium
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"-Red Green

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone else done this? I'm having a hell of a time connecting to the MCU. I even bought a FFC cable and breakout board to make sure my connections were good, and tried two usb-serial converters. I saw it partially connect once, but it didn't complete.
    Ported TVS1900 OD cogs 10.5psi | ID850 | Vaporworx CTS-V 1:1 | COMP 219/233 .606"/.605" 113+1 | Ported TB | Pacesetter 1 3/4 LT | Solo Mach X3