Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New (to me) Car

Great Lakes Moderator BlueJacket's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New (to me) Car

Since I got the G8 I've normal had a 3rd car to drive during the winter, but last year my 1998 Blazer was getting to the point that I was fixing something on it weekly so I sold it and never replaced it. My wife and I both work from home so the need for a third car was not that great as we just use her Malibu when the weather is bad. A couple of weeks ago the weather was nice and we were going out to eat at a nice restaurant so I decided to take the G8. Well on the way home I hit a pothole that was under some standing water and busted the sidewall of the rear driver side tire. I did not have a spare with me and it was going to be a 8 hr wait for a flatbed so I ended up putting a plug in it and babying it home. Surprisingly I only lost 2 PSI on the 20 minute drive home. A few years ago I hit another pothole and bent the passenger side rear wheel beyond repair. Give this is the second pothole related damage I've had with the G8 I decided that it will never be driven in the winter again and started looking for a new (to me) car.

We ended up settling on a 2014 Chevy Traverse 1LT. For a glorified van I was surprised how much I liked it and it will come in handy hauling around the kid and dogs. It also has the factory tow package in case I ever need to pull something.

Attached Images Attached Images

2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT
    2010 Camaro SS Wheels, Holden V8 Badges, Crazy Paul GPS Trim Package, Blacked Out Arrowheads, Red Calipers, Hawk HPS Pads, DBA 4000 T3 Rotors, Rebadged Trunk, 3.5" Stubby Antenna, Holden Engine Covers, Engine Cover Overlays, Engine Dress Up Items, Holden V6 Rad Cover, GXP Rear Diffuser W/Tinted Reflectors, Flips Tinted Tails, Hood Vent Mod, Grrrr8 IC Mod, Solo Mach Balanced Exhaust with 3.5" Tips and NEP OTR

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with your new ride!
    John
    2009 Stryker Blue Metalic GT Bolt-on G8 Record holder: 11.828 @ 114.61 with a 1.603 60'
    1993 Pontiac Formula FIREHAWK 385ci., M6, Strange S60.
    1968 Firebird Formula Convertible *Restomod project*

Post Thanks / Like

Nice daily that you chose. Congrats ..Best of luck with it.

I understand ..my daily shit the bed 2 weeks ago. I had to take the G8 out of hibernation this winter. First time my G8 has seen winter and rain. In not a happy camper about it but this is the shit that happens sometimes.
    So now Im still without a daily and my G8 is going into shock
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MongosG8 View Post
    Nice daily that you chose. Congrats ..Best of luck with it.

I understand ..my daily shit the bed 2 weeks ago. I had to take the G8 out of hibernation this winter. First time my G8 has seen winter and rain. In not a happy camper about it but this is the shit that happens sometimes.
    So now Im still without a daily and my G8 is going into shock
    I think I'm gonna be sick...........
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tchr49 View Post
    I think I'm gonna be sick...........
    Fred Ive been sick to my stomach for 2 weeks now. People who know me know Im a freak about my car.

My wife thinks its funny. I want to throw her out in the rain and snow without a coat on and see if she likes it..lol
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Too many projects.
    Post Thanks / Like

Traverse is a great DD.

I had a lot of seat time in the trio on that platform and it never disappointed.

They have cheap lease deals on them and they are tempting - but my monthly mileage accumulation can't sustain a cheap lease right now [or...ever]

Looks like you picked up a clean one!
    2017 Chevy SS / OrangeBlast / A6/ Spare/ Roof - hers
    2016 Chevy SS / Jungle / M6 / Spare / Roof
    2013 Chevy Avalanche / Z71 / FGM / Roof
    2009 Pontiac G8 GXP / SBM / M6 / No Roof
    1988 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon (modified)
    2009 Saab 9-3 Combi / 2.0T

Post Thanks / Like

Those damn Ohio roads!

Nice looking Traverse!

Too many projects.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bowtiefan View Post
    Those damn Ohio roads!

Nice looking Traverse!
    Michigan is 100x worse than anything I have come upon in Ohio.

This season is horrible.
    2017 Chevy SS / OrangeBlast / A6/ Spare/ Roof - hers
    2016 Chevy SS / Jungle / M6 / Spare / Roof
    2013 Chevy Avalanche / Z71 / FGM / Roof
    2009 Pontiac G8 GXP / SBM / M6 / No Roof
    1988 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon (modified)
    2009 Saab 9-3 Combi / 2.0T

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MIEngineer View Post

This season is horrible.
    Word
    2009 GT PBM Sport/Premium Packs
    Kook's / Corsa / Roto Fab CAI with HSRK / Polished Camaro's with Nitto Invo's / Camaro Brembo's / GRRRR8 Hose & ARP Bolt kits / VG Fin / GXP diffuser / Black door trim & other goodies from CP / UPR catch can / Livernois / BMR / Russell / Jet-Hot / SunTech tint by Drew / MM / Adams / Klearz / TSS

Great Lakes Moderator BlueJacket's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MIEngineer View Post

This season is horrible.
    This year is by far the worst I've seen the roads here, I can only imagine how bad they are up there.

2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT
    2010 Camaro SS Wheels, Holden V8 Badges, Crazy Paul GPS Trim Package, Blacked Out Arrowheads, Red Calipers, Hawk HPS Pads, DBA 4000 T3 Rotors, Rebadged Trunk, 3.5" Stubby Antenna, Holden Engine Covers, Engine Cover Overlays, Engine Dress Up Items, Holden V6 Rad Cover, GXP Rear Diffuser W/Tinted Reflectors, Flips Tinted Tails, Hood Vent Mod, Grrrr8 IC Mod, Solo Mach Balanced Exhaust with 3.5" Tips and NEP OTR