Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brake caliper cover

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brake caliper cover

Hi.
    ...Because i had readed the thread of brembo caliper colors.
    I think next month i´ll spend my g8 new ferrada fr4 wheels. I have till now BMW AC Schnitzer Wheels on it and that is not allowed in germany. The dealer told me, he makes all street legal, so i will buy the new ones. On EBAY USA i saw brake caliper covers with clamp mount. Has anyone these parts at his car? Hold this tight? First i must then look about the space between the wheels and brake caliper if this works. Maybe i will buy me these things.

Post Thanks / Like

Save your money....
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tchr49 View Post
    Save your money....
    I agree! In person, they just look like covers.
    '09 Pacific Slate G8 GT,1900 Magnacharger cog drive. Engine rebuilt by Texas Speed and Performance with some very nice parts. Airaid intake, Kooks 1 7/8" lt's, cats, midpipe, SLP PowerFlow exhaust. Pedders lowered touring package. Baer Pro front brakes. ForgeStar F14 GunMetal 19x8.5 Michelin Pilot Sport a/s. '78 El Camino. 2008 model Blue Heeler.

Post Thanks / Like

Not allowed to run said wheels in Germany you say? Hmm sounds like you should save you money on the junk covers for the cost to defend your freedom!!!

Why is a BMW wheel not allowed Germany? Because they are three pieces?
    Last edited by BuildItYourSelf; 01-23-2018 at 08:39 PM.
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning.
    I was with my car on german TÜV. That is the control organisation for vehicles. For the BMW Wheels i have opinions from the front, and back wheels. Opinions for the wheel spacers, and front, and rear tires. - Not allowed! There must be written " for Pontiac G8", not for any BMW´s. Then, all must be registered in the vehicle papers that it is street legal. I don´t know , how the dealer makes it with the ferrada wheels, so that it is all right, because if i for myself would buy me the wheels, i need opinion papers for it and in the wheels must be hit the payload. - This is normaly not so at american wheels. So i have no chance at the TÜV. There i think, americans have it much better and easier.
    With the brake covers , i thought it comes better at the new wheels. But i think, then i let it save my money and buy me expensive floor mats. ( I would buy me them for longer time).

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a crock.....

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tchr49 View Post
    Thats a crock.....
    Coming soon to a state near you unless the electorate wises up.

Rotohack 102 intake - 102 MAF - TPIS 102 TB - TVS1900 ported & plated w 8 rib 2.5" front + OD rear
    PnP Interchiller - RCR ported heads - RCR Lunati 219/231 113+1 - Forged Bottom End
    ARH 2" LT headers - Solo 3" CB - MT DRs + M&H FRs on Weld RT-S
    CTS-V fuel w Vaporworx - FAST 85s - Alkycontrol meth M15 + M10 - RCR tune
    9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TooManyHobbies View Post
    Coming soon to a state near you unless the electorate wises up.
    Please, no, just no.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

My WiKi fu is strong.

"TÜVs (German pronunciation: [ˈtʏf]; short for German: Technischer Überwachungsverein, English: Technical Inspection Association) are German businesses that provide inspection and product certification services.[1]

The TÜVs originated in Germany in the late 1800s during the Industrial Revolution, following the explosion of a steam boiler at a brewery in Mannheim in 1865. This led a group of engineers to found the first Dampfkessel Überwachungsverein (DÜV, Steam Boiler Inspection Association) and soon similar associations were created in other German cities and these came together in an association in 1873. In 1877 they issued the first standards for construction and maintenance of boilers, which became known as the "Würzburg standards". DÜVs took on inspection services for other technologies as they came into use, for example electrical safety testing and elevator inspection. In 1906 the Grand Duchy of Baden issued regulations for vehicle inspection as well as drivers, and the local DÜV was given that responsibility. By 1938 there were 37 DÜVs, and they were reorganized and renamed into 17 TÜVs. In 1951 national regulation obligated people to have their cars inspected by TÜV every two years.[2]

The individual TÜVs became multinational corporations with time, and came to provide services to industry, governments, individuals, and non-profit groups.[3]

During the 1980s and 1990s, deregulation led to competition in the German inspection and certification industry,[4] and further deregulation occurred at the end of 2007.[5]

In 2007, TÜV Nord and TÜV Sud agreed to merge, which would have created a company with 18,000 employees and sales of around 1.8 billion euros; however the companies called off the merger that same year, citing potential difficulties with integration as well as restrictions that would have been required under antitrust law.[6] In 2008 TÜV Süd and TÜV Rheinland agreed to merge which would have created the second largest testing services company in the world, behind SGS S.A.; the combined company would have had around 25,000 employees and 2.2 billion euros in income.[7] These plans were abandoned by August again due to antitrust concerns.[8]

TÜV Nord had 10,000 employees stationed the world as of 2015.[3] TÜV Nord was caught up in the 2015 Volkswagen emissions scandal; it was the company that certified VW's emissions systems.[3]

TÜVs function as notified bodies in Europe for medical device regulation.[9] In 2013, TÜV Rheinland was held liable by a French court to 1600 women whose breast implants had ruptured; the implants were made by Poly Implants Prothèses and TÜV Rheinland had certified the manufacturing process.[10][11] TÜV Rheinland had about 1.88 billion euros in revenue in 2015, with more than half generated outside Germany.[12]"

Post Thanks / Like

Their US branch recalls seat belts and flip keys......